Caffeum Perfectus Minima Dual Boiler Espresso Machine by ACS
1st-line normally does not carry sub-$2000 E61 dual boiler espresso machines because they are usually very lackluster in the steam department. Well, after seeing the Caffeum Perfectus Minima beginner dual boiler espresso machine in Rimini, Italy at the SIGEP trade show, we had two samples shipped in March of 2019. We were delighted to finally find a tank model, E61 grouphead espresso machine that could sell for under $2000 USD AND has some really powerful steam! In fact, we did not want the so-called no-burn steam wands because the steam power would be diminished! The Caffeum Perfectus Minima is proudly made in Italy.
- Steam boiler safety valve is set at 2.5 bar
- Max temperature is 255° Fahrenheit
- OPV is set between 9-10 bar
Be one of the first to use the Minima, and we can assure you lots of steam power when compared to other sub-$2000 E61 espresso machines!
Dual boiler system
- Simultaneously pull an espresso shot and steam milk – Steam is always readily available. Hence, there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode.
- Insulation with stainless steel boiler – The boiler is made of stainless steel which is less susceptible to limescale. Typically stainless steel boilers do not retain their heat as well as copper or brass boilers. This machine compensates that by being wrapped with insulation This helps with temperature stability for the espresso extraction and also helps save energy.
- Pressure gauge from within – Gives a more accurate reading of brew pressure.
- Consistent heating – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. This keeps the grouphead at a constant, stable temperature compared to other groupheads that have a built-in heating element. With the heat exchanger/thermosyphon system, only fresh water from the water tank is used for the espresso extraction. The water in the heat exchanger flows to and from the grouphead.
- The PID display is used for programming the temperature of both the coffee and steam boilers.
- Shot timer from within – As soon as you start the espresso extraction, you can view the shot time on the display screen
- Profitable – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
- Effective – 41 watts, rated up to 15 bar with air valve bypass. You only need 9 bar to extract perfect espresso, and wattage has no correlation to longevity.
Tank / reservoir system
- Automatic turn-off feature – Prevents burning out the heating element. The water tank sits on a spring-activated plate. Once the water is low, the plate depresses the tank microswitch which turns off the heating element.
- Particle filter – Protects the machine from any unseen particles from entering the boiler. You can remove this filter if you are installing an inline water softener.
Steam & hot water wand
- Multidirectional wands
- 2 hole steam tip – effective 8/1/2022, the steam tip has been changed from 3 to 2 hole.
- Hot water wand that is non-insulated
- Non-insulated steam wand goes faster throughout the steam.
- Drip tray – The coffee side has a drip tray extender if you are using small espresso cups. The right side of the front body is angled back. This gives more space for frothing and reduces the chance of burning yourself being further away from the grouphead.
- Body panel – Stainless steel that is polished to a mirrored finish. Some machines may have a white film which can and only should be removed after testing the Minima espresso machine with water
- 2 Filter heads: 1 single spout & 1 dual spout; both measuring at 58 mm.
- Filter baskets: A 1-cup that holds ~ 7 grams of ground coffee and a 2-cup that holds ~14 grams of coffee; both measuring at 58 mm.
- Rubber insert: Made for backflushing the grouphead. Place this part into the 2-cup filter basket to turn it into a blind basket.
- Grouphead gasket: Extra gasket that is normally replaced every 6 – 12 months, depending on the usage.
- Padding: 2 sets of 4 pads for the feet.
- Drip tray extender: For the purpose of using small espresso cups.
- Instruction manual: Written in English.
3 reviews for Caffeum Perfectus Minima Dual Boiler Espresso Machine