- This diagnostic fee is to cover the following costs we incur to evaluate and service your machine. As you can review, there is a lot of work behind the scenes
–checking in the machine or shipment,
–unpacking the machine that it was shipped in,
–noting any accessories or parts that are included with shipment,
–placing the machine on the bench,
–determining any damage or noting any scratches or dents (as best as possible),
–opening the cover,
–evaluating the parts needed,
–determining the correct parts numbers,
–checking stock on parts,
–determining timeline and ordering any ‘special order’ or ‘out of stock’ parts,
–creating an estimate,
–then after customer approving,
–pulling the parts from the bins,
–making the repair,
–testing, (in some cases, make a video of the machine working),
–packaging the equipment,
–acquiring and processing payment,
–packaging the unit,
–create a shipping label, and
–insuring your machine gets on a UPS truck.
.Please note that we do not ship machines that are dropped off. We also charge shipping fees by dimensional box weight, and in some cases, this can be very expensive. If an estimate is declined, return shipping charges will need to be paid.
- 1st-line Equipment, LLC also places different priority levels on repair services and technical support with highest priority listed first: equipment recently arrived, warranty machines, out of warranty machines, then machines purchased elsewhere.
- We can service many of the espresso machines or grinders we sell. There are some BRAND EXCEPTIONS we do not service, which include those not on the drop down list, as well as Capresso, Jura, Gaggia, Saeco, Expobar, Quick Mill, Izzo, Franke, La Marzocco, and other brands we do not sell.
- We normally do not repair espresso machines ten or more years old as the cost to repair usually exceeds 50% of the cost of purchasing a new similar machine. We also see a lot of repair creep – where one problem is solved, like a bad power switch, only to learn that once a tech fires up the unit, the heating element or pump does not work.
- The diagnostic fee is non-refundable, including cases where you decide to not ship your machine in for service. The diagnostic fee is only for diagnosis, and if the repair can be made within the first half hour during unpacking the machine and diagnosis, there would be no additional labor charges. Additional time for repair, descaling, parts, shipping, and cleaning are additional to this $69.00 fee. If the repair is authorized by the customer, the diagnosis fee is applied to the repair.
- Sales tax is applied for all repairs shipped or dropped within the State of New Jersey.