1st-line 3-Cup 58mm Wega E61 Bottomless Portafilter
1st-line’s very own E61 Bottomless portafilter, also known as a naked portafilter.
In addition, our bottomless portafilters have true size 3 cup filter baskets unlike any other that can hold up to 21 grams of ground coffee (and has a diameter of 59mm).
Has a max lip thickness of ~6.5mm (~.50 max lip differential)
This portafilter will fit and work with most espresso machine models that have an E61 grouphead. There are other models we found this portafilter to be compatible with. Here is a list of compatible espresso machine models:
- Ascaso with 58mm groupheads
- Astoria with E61 groupheads
- Elektra Sixites & Microcasa Semi-Automatica models
- Isomac with 58mm E61 groupheads
- Rancilio Silvia
- Rocket Espresso (pre 2012 models)
- Crem Expobar
- La Nuova Era/Gruppo Argentini
- La Scala/Symphony
- Sab/Sv Italia
- Our E61 Bottomless Portafilter is made naked first, then gets chrome plated for a full beautiful finish. We are not responsible if the manufacturer of your espresso machine makes a change to your espresso machine and the portafilter does not fit.
- Although this portafilter may “fit” a grouphead it doesn’t mean it will be “compatible
- Just because this item comes with a 3 cup basket does not mean you must pull 3 shots every time you use it. You may also pull a single or double shot for more crema and a concentrated flavor profile, but you still MUST fill the basket as intended. Alternatively, you may use this handle with a 58mm one or two cup basket.
- Our new stock no longer includes the end cap at the end of the handle.
- In many cases, when using this portafilter, customers have to coarsen the fineness of their grind when moving from a single or double dose. The reason is that this E61 bottomless portafilter has a bigger basket. It usually holds more coffee than your original portafilter. When leaving the same fineness of grind, the end result can either be:
- no pour,
- a very slow pour, or
- leakage around the grouphead area.