In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, 1st-line Equipment is still in operation during normal business hours and with the institution of procedures to ensure the health and safety of our employees and all visitors. Until further notice here, none of the staff at 1st-line Equipment have shown any symptoms, nor tested positive for COVID-19.
Updated: July 19, 2022 – Due to an outbreak of Covid-19 within our company in May 2022, non-gator mask-wearing is still required by employees and customers in our showroom – no customer access to offices, bathrooms, or warehouse.
Updated: Effective June 7, 2020 – We are allowing customers into our showroom with a non-gator facial mask worn by all customers. There is no access to office space or bathrooms.
Updated: May 8th, 2020 4:36 pm – Curbside Pickup as noted below for In-Store Pickups of equipment at our facilities. All visitors will stay more than 6 feet from the door, and all visitors need to wear gloves and masks. Please do not come if you have been exposed to COVID-19, you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, you are waiting for test results for COVID-19, or you tested positive for COVID-19. No inside visitors. Please review the procedure below.
Updated: April 21, 2020, 1:41 pm EST – There can be shipping delays by USPS, UPS, and FedEx. We are unable to guarantee delivery times, even with expedited paid shipping.
Updated: March 21, 2020, 5:43 pm – The State of New Jersey does not allow 1st-line Equipment to have any customers INSIDE our retail facilities. However, 1st-line can continue to fulfill and ship internet orders. We have implemented Phase II of our emergency continuity business plan to reduce onsite personnel. All support staff, including sales, accounting, technical support, and marketing will work from home remotely. Warehouse, roasting, and repair staff will continue to work in our facilities following a 6-foot minimum distance apart at all times.
Updated: March 18, 2020 11:37am EST
Our strict new protocol of procedures, including but not limited to, have been posted in our entranceways and bathrooms. Please review the following information:
- All employees (and visitors now excluded as of March 21, 5:42 pm) are required to properly and effectively wash their hands as per our stringent protocol IMMEDIATELY upon every entry. Then, after hand washing, visitors must sign in the date of their visit, time, full name, email, and phone number. When exiting our facility, we recommend that employees and visitors wash their hands again per the same protocol. Nitrile gloves and masks have been made available to all employees and visitors after hand washing.
- REPAIR DROP OFF TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 1 PM – 5 PM ONLY – The diagnostic fee needs to be made prior to drop off. Upon arrival, drop off the machine in front of the left door of unit 6, please go back to your vehicle, and a call needs to be made to our 732-298-6268. We will not open the door if you are standing outside. The call may be answered by a remote employee. Let the employee know to call the main office and have them bring the machine outside our door. Once the machine is brought inside, you may leave. Machines will go into a 7-day quarantine period.
- REPAIR PICK UP TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 1 PM – 5 PM ONLY – Balance of payment needs to be made over the phone prior to pick up. Upon arrival, a call needs to be made to our 732-298-6268. The call may be answered by a remote employee. Let the employee know to call the main office and have them place the machine outside of our door Unit 6. DO NOT APPROACH THE DOOR until the machine is outside and the door is closed. We will not open the door if you are standing outside.
- CURBSIDE PICKUP: Orders will be placed via email at least one business day prior to curbside pickup. An invoice will be created and emailed with terms and conditions of sale for signature prior to pick up. The customer will arrange a pickup appointment between Tuesday and Friday from 1 pm – 5 pm or Saturday from 11 am -2 pm. Upon arrival, a call needs to be made to our 732-298-6268 phone number. We will have the equipment waiting in the showroom. A stainless steel dish will be placed outside for the credit card payment. We will swipe the credit card, and print out 2 charge receipts. We will bring out the equipment, the credit card, invoice with credit card receipt for you to keep, invoice and our receipt each with a signature for us to keep.
- All delivery personnel must remain outside for pickups and deliveries. There is to be NO handshaking or personal contact.
- 1st-line staff will disinfect and/or clean all common touchpoints, including the showroom, work stations, bathroom, time clocks, door handles throughout the day.
- Employees and/or visitors who exhibit signs of illness will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- Although considered safe by the CDC, all AIR shipments arriving from Europe are disinfected with spray at the surface level and then placed in storage untouched for a minimum of 7 days after arrival. Updated March 21, 2020: All shipments received for repair will follow the same process as inbound air shipments.
- Sea shipments take more than 21 days to arrive and are considered safe by the CDC.