Lelit PL62S Mara Espresso Machine
with Heat Exchanger & Vibration Pump
A huge legend in a small body. The Lelit PL62S Mara is placed at the prestigious end of many home espresso machine. It combines the best technology ever – the legendary E61 grouphead inside an incredibly compact, full stainless steel body. The result: a marvelous, appealing and super compact espresso machine enabling to apply barista’s golden rules and extract the most tasty espressos and cappuccinos you can dream of.
Heat exchange system:
- Copper, insulation – The boiler is copper which retains heat better than stainless steel. Typically copper boilers are more susceptible to limescale when you compare to stainless steel boilers. Therefore, we highly recommend using a water softener. The manufacturer wraps the boiler with insulation for maximum heat retention. Internal pipes also in copper.
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time – Steam is always readily available. Hence, there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode.
- Thermo-siphon double cycle system – Keeps the brew group and the boiler always hot, at the right temperature.
- Polymer tubing connection – From the boiler to steam and hot water valves: Alimentary. Able to withstand high pressure and high temperatures up to 620 °F. Facilitates easier repairs. Most importantly, are limescale free.
- Manual resettable safety thermostat – Located on top of the boiler.
- Constantly heated – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. As a result the grouphead temperature constant and stable when you compare to other groupheads that have a built-in heating element.
- Pre-infusion – Lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch which turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds. Pulling the lever half way up will open the valve to allow water into the grouphead without activating the pump. Please note that true pre-infusion requires the direct water connection whereby the water pressure from the water line creates the true pre-infusion.
- Efficient – 41 watts, rated up to 15 bar with air valve bypass. You only need 9 bar to extract perfect espresso, and wattage has no correlation to longevity.
- Cost effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
Tank / reservoir system:
- Particle filter – Protects the machine from any unseen particles from entering the boiler. You can remove this filter if you are installing an inline water softener.
- Auto-shut off – Prevents burning out the heating element. There is a two stage shut off. There is a magentic float in the water tank that detects when the water is low. The other is the spring activated plate underneath the water tank that detects when the tank is removed.
Separate steam / hot water wands:
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility. The wands connect to the valves on an angle to the side for even more flexibility. As a result there is less risk of burning oneself from the exposed grouphead.
- No burn – Reduces risk of burning your fingers. Please note the tip and valve connection are still hot.
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- Rotational knobs – Allows for easier control of the intensity.
Dual pressure gauge:
- Steam (boiler) pressure gauge – Top half. Measures from 0 to 4 bar. Optimal pressure is between 0.8 and 1.1.
- Brew (pump) pressure gauge – Bottom half. Measures from 0 to 16 bar. Optimal pressure is between 8 and 10.
Indicator lights & tone:
- Heating light – Located on the right side. Indicates when heating element is active.
- Power indicator light – Located on the left side. This will indicate when the machine is on.
- Low water – When the water in the tank is low, you will hear a constant beep.
- Steel body – With a satin finish.
- Extremely low feet – Creates a very low profile to fit under most kitchen cabinets.
- Power plug – Completely detaches from the espresso machine and can fit into the drip tray for long term storage.
- Portafilters – 1 dual spout portafilter. 58 mm in diameter.
- Filter baskets – 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams. Blind filter basket which you use for backflushing. 58 mm in diameter.
- Tamper – A solid 58 mm tamper. Manufacturers normally don’t include a tamper like this to keep the overall selling price of the machine low. One less accessory you will need to buy.
- Coffee scoop – A simple plastic scoop if you are using preground coffee.
- Instruction manual.
For more Lelit equipment, please visit our Lelit brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.
2 reviews for DISCONTINUED Lelit PL62S Mara Espresso Machine with Heat Exchanger & Vibration Pump