VBM Domobar Junior Digital Heat Exchange Espresso Machine - 110 V
The VBM Domobar Junior Digital NOW has an upgrade from the 2010 VBM Domobar Junior. Thanks to its previous success as a small home heat exchange espresso machine for customers looking to entertain and do a lot of steaming, VBM made some improvements on that original version. First of all, its new design allows you to customize the side panels with different colors, which are available for separate purchase. After all, you can add some unique personality to your espresso machine! Next comes its technological aspect: a new OLED digital display where you can program all your settings and give more simplicity to your machine. The VBM Domobar Junior Digital is overall an excellent home espresso machine for you latte and cappuccino lovers who want an ultra-modern feel to it! Finally, VBM espresso machines are known to have such an incredible E61 grouphead! Customers who see E61 espresso machines absolutely love the structure and robustness.
NEW Digital Interface
- OLED Digital Display – Adjust all your settings on the digital touchpad. After turning the main switch to the ON position, the display shows the selected function (coffee delivery), and the temperature and time of coffee delivery. 128×64 px.
- Button Settings – Shows machine warm-up status. Green means the machine is ready, orange means the machine is loading, and red means the machine is in alarm. Additionally, there is an LED mode for temperature increase and decrease.
- Shows ECO Mode – Use this to increase the espresso machine’s temperature when idle to save energy. After 2 hours of not using the machine, the shutdown symbol will show up on the display.
- Alarm Codes – If there is little to no water inside the boiler, then code E01 shows on the display and an LED light appears in red. Moreover, if there is a probe malfunction, then code E02 appears on the display and an LED light appears in red.
Classic VBM E61 Grouphead
- 58mm– Thermosiphonic circulation group in cromed-brass, available with manual controls (lever) or electronic.
- Constantly heated – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. As a result the grouphead temperature constant and stable when you compare to other groupheads that have a built-in heating element.
- Pre-infusion – Lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch that turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds. Pulling the lever halfway up will open the valve to allow water into the grouphead without activating the pump. Please note that true pre-infusion requires the direct water connection whereby the water pressure from the waterline creates true pre-infusion.
- NEW: Water tank level sensor – An empty tank symbol and red LED light shows up on the Digital Interace when it is time to refill your tank.
- Particle filter – Protects the machine from any unseen particles from entering the boiler. You can remove this filter if you are installing an inline water softener.
- Auto-shutoff – Prevents burning out the heating element. The water tank sits on a spring-activated plate. Once the water is low, the plate depresses the tank microswitch which turns off the heating element.
Heat Exchange System
- Copper, insulation – The boiler is copper, which retains heat better than stainless steel. Typically copper boilers are more susceptible to limescale when you compare to stainless steel boilers. Therefore, we highly recommend using a water softener. The manufacturer wraps the boiler with insulation for maximum heat retention.
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time – Steam is always readily available. Hence, there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode. Works well if entertaining a small group of people.
- NEW OPTIONAL Customizable side panels – The VBM Domobar Junior Digital NOW has a variety of side panel designs that you can stylize your machine with. Check out the different customizable side panels we have to offer to purchase separately!
- Ergonomic knobs and levers – Contributes to accurate water dispersion and adds some personality to the VBM Domobar Junior Digital!
- Synthetic drip tray – The drip tray on this espresso machine is glowing! Less risk of scratches on this material, unlike on metal drip trays. Additionally, the drip tray has a float that tracks the water levels. Dishwasher-safe.
- Front and feet – Stainless steel and polished to a mirror finish.
- Efficient – 41 watts, rated up to 15 bar with air valve bypass. You only need 9 bar to extract perfect espresso, and wattage has no correlation to longevity.
- Cost-effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
Separate Wands for Steam & Hot Water
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility. The wands connect to the valves on an angle to the side for even more flexibility. As a result, there is less risk of burning oneself from the exposed grouphead. Furthermore, the steam performance is very efficient, which will result in making excellent espresso!
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- Rotational knobs – Allows for easier control of the intensity.
- Instruction manual – Available in Spanish, Dutch, English, French, and Italian.
- Plastic tamper – Manufacturers will normally include a tamper like this to keep the overall selling price of the machine low. We recommend upgrading to a better 58mm tamper.
- Coffee scoop – A simple plastic scoop if you are using pre-ground coffee.
- Cleaning brush –A simple brush for cleaning the grouphead. Ergonomically designed with an angle for easier usage.
- Single filter holder – Holds approximately 7 grams.
- Blind filter basket – For backflushing. 58mm in diameter.
- Double filter holder – Holds approximately 14 grams.