Lelit PL62T Mara Espresso Machine
with PID Display, Heat Exchanger, Tank Only and Vibration Pump
A huge legend in a small body. The Lelit PL62T Mara is placed at the prestigious end of many home espresso machines. The legendary E61 grouphead inside an incredibly compact, full stainless steel body with a PID adjustable temperature controller of the boiler. The result: a marvelous, appealing and super compact espresso machine enabling to apply baristas golden rules and extract the tastiest espressos and cappuccinos you can dream of.
Heat exchange system:
- Copper, insulation – The boiler is copper which retains heat better than stainless steel. Typically copper boilers are more susceptible to limescale when you compare to stainless steel boilers. Therefore, we highly recommend using a water softener. The manufacturer wraps the boiler with insulation for maximum heat retention. Internal pipes also in copper.
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time – Steam is always readily available. Hence, there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode. Works well if entertaining a small group of people.
- Thermo-siphon double-cycle system – Keeps the brew group and the boiler always hot, at the right temperature.
- Polymer tubing connection – From the boiler to steam and hot water valves: Alimentary. Able to withstand high pressure and high temperatures up to 620 °F. Facilitates easier repairs. Most importantly, is limescale free.
- Manual resettable safety thermostat – Located on top of the boiler.
- Constantly heated – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. As a result the grouphead temperature constant and stable when you compare to other groupheads that have a built-in heating element.
- Pre-infusion – Lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch which turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds. Pulling the lever halfway up will open the valve to allow water into the grouphead without activating the pump. Please note that true pre-infusion requires the direct water connection whereby the water pressure from the water line creates the true pre-infusion.
- Efficient – 41 watts, rated up to 15 bar with air valve bypass. You only need 9 bar to extract perfect espresso, and wattage has no correlation to longevity.
- Cost-effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
Tank / reservoir system:
- Particle filter – Protects the machine from any unseen particles from entering the boiler. You can remove this filter if you are installing an inline water softener.
- Auto-shutoff – Prevents burning out the heating element. There is a two-stage shut off. There is a magnetic float in the water tank that detects when the water is low. The other is the spring-activated plate underneath the water tank that detects when the tank is removed.
Separate steam / hot water wands:
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility. The wands connect to the valves on an angle to the side for even more flexibility. As a result, there is less risk of burning oneself from the exposed grouphead.
- No burn – Reduces the risk of burning your fingers. Please note the tip and valve connection are still hot.
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- Rotational knobs – Allows for easier control of the intensity.
Dual pressure gauge:
- Steam (boiler) pressure gauge – Top half. Measures from 0 to 4 bar. Optimal pressure is between 0.8 and 1.1.
- Brew (pump) pressure gauge – Bottom half. Measures from 0 to 16 bar. Optimal pressure is between 8 and 10.
Indicator lights & tone:
- Heating light – Located on the right side. Indicates when the heating element is active.
- Power indicator light – Located on the left side. This will indicate when the machine is on.
- Low water – When the water in the tank is low, you will hear a constant beep.
- Temperature programming – Allows you to program the boiler temperature for different coffee blends.
- Stainless steel – Polished to a mirror finish.
- Extremely low feet – Creates a very low profile to fit under most kitchen cabinets.
- Power plug – Completely detaches from the espresso machine and can fit into the drip tray for long term storage.
- Portafilters – 1 single spout portafilter. 1 dual spout portafilter. 58 mm in diameter.
- Filter baskets – 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams. Blind filter basket which you use for backflushing. 58 mm in diameter.
- Tamper – A solid 58 mm tamper. Manufacturers normally don’t include a tamper like this to keep the overall selling price of the machine low. One less accessory you will need to buy.
- Coffee scoop – A simple plastic scoop if you are using preground coffee.
- Instruction manual.
If you are looking for a similar heat exchange espresso machine with a PID sensor in the boiler, then check out the Lelit PL62 Mara!
For more Lelit equipment, please visit our Lelit brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.