The Mechanika V Slim is ECM’s modern HX commercial espresso machine that consists of advancements in elegant looks and technological boostings compared to the previous Mechanika Profi IV. This model also slimmed down a bit (hence, its name is the Slim) since it is only 10 inches wide and changed the shape of the boiler, which can go to a maximum of 2.2 L. The Mechanika V Slim features stunning steel legs, inscribed ECM in steam and hot water valves, separate steam and brew pressure gauges, single spout and dual spout portafilters, removable drip tray and E61 grouphead.
- Slimmer – The Mechanika V Slim is now only 10 inches wide (2 inches less than the Mechanika Profi IV).
- Updates in aesthetics – Other changes in looks include stunning steel legs and inscribed ECM in steam and hot water valves.
Heat Exchange System
- Stainless steel, insulated – The boiler is made of stainless steel which is less susceptible to limescale. Typically stainless steel boilers do not retain their heat as well as copper or brass boilers. This machine compensates that by being wrapped with insulation.
- Shape change – The heat exchange boiler can now go to a maximum of 2.2 L. The shape change allows for ECM to retain a lot of room on the machine’s interior.
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time – Steam is always readily available. Therefore there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode. Works well if entertaining a small group of people.
Modifiable Brew Pressure
- OPV placement– The OPV on the Mechanika V Slim is located on the top to modify the brew pressure. The valve, which is placed below the reservoir lid, can also be modified simultaneously with the brew pressure gauge to simply create rapid revisions when brewing.
Separate Pressure Gauges
- Steam pressure gauge – Located on the left. Measures from 0 to 3 bar. Optimal pressure is between 0.8 and 1.1.
- Brew pressure gauge – Located on the right. Measures from 0 to 16 bar. Optimal pressure is between 8 and 10.
- Constantly heated – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. This keeps the grouphead at a constant, stable temperature compared to other groupheads that have a built-in heating element.
- Pre-infusion – The lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch which turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds. When you pull the lever half way up, it will open the valve to allow water into the grouphead without activating the pump. Please note that true pre-infusion requires the direct water connection whereby the water pressure from the water line creates the true pre-infusion.
- Semi-Quiet Operation – A sturdy and dense asset to any espresso machine to produce the best espresso, although it is slightly louder than rotary pumps
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility.
- “No burn” – Wand is insulated to allow you to touch anywhere on the arm. Please note that after very long periods of steaming or pouring hot water, the arm will be too hot to touch. We recommend to only touch the rubber grips on each wand.
Accessories Included with the ECM Mechanika Slim
- Portafilters – Single spout portafilter and a dual spout portafilter. Both handles match the style of the grouphead lever and are ergonomically designed with an angle for easier operation to lock into the grouphead
- Filter baskets – 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams. Blind filter basket which you can use for backflushing. All basket are 58 mm in diameter.
- Instruction manual – Written in both German and English. The instructions also work for the Technika.