ECM Mechanika VI Slim HX Espresso Machine
The ECM Mechanika VI Slim is a slimmer version of the Profi IV with an exanded magnitude of 2.2 L with new updated features.
- 3-stage temperature switch: Located on the bottom right of the machine. Switch between 3 different preset temperatures to suit your coffee/steam needs. The lowest temperature is for darker roast coffee. The middle temperature is for medium roasts. The higher temperature is for lighter roasts and more steam pressure.
- Preinfusion: This process prewets your coffee in your portafilter. This helps bind the coffee puck for an even extraction.
- Eco mode: A built-in function that shuts the machine off after 90 minutes from your last coffee shot. This feature along with the other sensors in the water tank and boiler allows you to leave your machine on all the time without the worry of burning out your machine. Lifting the grouphead lever will exit eco mode.
- Constantly heated: Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. This keeps the grouphead at a constant, stable temperature compared to other groupheads that have a built-in heating element.
- Flow control capable: You can purchase one of our flow control devices for the grouphead and be able to customize your espresso shots on the fly!
Heat Exchange System
- Stainless steel, insulated: The boiler is made of stainless steel which is less susceptible to limescale. Typically stainless steel boilers do not retain their heat as well as copper or brass boilers. This machine compensates for that by being wrapped with insulation.
- Shape change: The heat exchange boiler can now go to a maximum of 2.2 L. The shape change allows ECM to retain a lot of room on the machine’s interior.
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time: Steam is always readily available. Therefore there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode.
- Auto refill: A sensor in the boiler detects when the water in the boiler is low.
- Easy to fill: With the open top, it makes it very easy to refill the tank with water. However, the best practice is to remove the tank when filling.
- Easy to clean: The open top also makes it easy to clean and rinse all the way to the inside bottom of the tank if necessary.
- Easy to install: When inserting the tank, just make sure the bottom feed is on the right.
- Low water sensor: Magnetic float will deactivate the heating element when the water in the tank is low.
Modifiable Brew Pressure
- OPV placement– The OPV on the Mechanika VI Slim is located on the top to modify the brew pressure. The valve, which is placed below the reservoir lid, can also be modified simultaneously with the brew pressure gauge to simply create rapid revisions when brewing.
Separate pressure gauges
- Steam pressure gauge: Located on the top left. Measures from 0 to 3 bar. The optimal pressure is between 0.8 and 1.1.
- Brew pressure gauge: Located on the top right. Measures from 0 to 16 bar. The optimal pressure is between 8 and 10.
- Efficient: 41 watts, rated up to 15 bar. You only need 9 bar to extract perfect espresso, and wattage has no correlation to longevity.
- Cost-effective: Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
Steam / hot water wand
- Rotary knobs: Allows for better control of steaming power & hot water flow compared to joystick knobs.
- Multi-directional: Allows for more movement and flexibility.
- “No burn”: The wands are insulated to allow you to touch anywhere on the arm. Please note that after very long periods of steaming or pouring hot water, the arm will be too hot to touch. We recommend only touching the rubber grips on each wand.
- 2-hole steam tip: Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
Parts & accessories included with the ECM Mechanika VI Slim
- Portafilters: Single spout portafilter and a dual spout portafilter. Both handles match the style of the grouphead lever and are ergonomically designed with an angle for easier operation to lock into the grouphead.
- Filter baskets: 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams. Blind filter basket which you can use for backflushing. All basket are 58 mm in diameter.
- Tamper: Solid 58mm tamper. No need to upgrade.
- Cleaning brush: Specifically for cleaning the grouphead.
- Silicone hose: Connects to the bottom feed of the water tank. For use with an in-line water softener.
- Instruction manual: Written in both German and English.