ECM Casa V Espresso Machine
Single boiler, dual purpose system:
- Brass, insulated – The boiler is made of brass which retains heat better than stainless steel. Typically copper boilers are more susceptible to limescale when you compare to stainless steel boilers. Therefore, we highly recommend using a water softener. The manufacturer wraps the boiler with insulation for maximum heat retention.
- High volume – With a 0.4 liter capacity, this machine has one of the largest boilers on the market under $1,000.
- High wattage heating element – The heating element rates at a very high 1200 watts. This allows for quicker reaction time when cold water enters the boiler, short heat up times, and quick transition from coffee to steam mode.
- Over pressure valve (O.P.V.) – Easy access on the top of the machine, underneath the cup warming tray. This adjusts the brew pressure. Turn clockwise to increase and counter-clockwise to decrease.
- Pressure gauge – Displays in real time the pressure during coffee extraction. Only 9-10 bar is needed to make espresso. This gauge will help perfect your espresso shot.
- Updated display – Our current stock has the newer display that reads every 2 bar, instead of every 4 bar.
Steam / water wand:
- Multi-purpose – Used for both steam or hot water depending on the current mode.
- Multi-directional – Allows for flexibility to steam on the side of the machine. Enables you to prepare creamy cappuccinos.
- Very short wait time – The small boiler and very high wattage heating element, cuts the wait time from coffee to steam.
- Stainless steel body and frame – Polished to a mirror finish and rust resistant.
- Water tank visibility – There is an opening on the left side of the machine that allows you to see the water level. This is a lot easier than opening the top cover and peeking in.
- Drip tray – All stainless steel tray and grate. Easily removable for cleaning.
- Push button controls – Simple to use. All controls are on the front face of the machine. The main controls are on the left side in a 2×2 grid.
- Power switch – Located in the front upper left. The light above indicates that the unit is on.
- Coffee switch – Located in the front upper right. The light above indicates the pump is on running water through the grouphead.
- Steam switch – Located in the front lower left. The light above indicates the heating element is active.
- Hot water switch – Located in the front lower right. The light above indicates the wand is active for hot water.
- Steam knob – Located on the front right. Being on the front instead of the right reduces the overall width and helps save counter space. After activating steam or hot water mode, turn the knob counter-clockwise to open the wand.
Accessories included with the ECM Casa V:
- Portafilters – Dual spout portafilter. 58 mm in diameter. Commercial grade quality similar to the other ECM machines.
- Filter baskets – 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams. Blind filter basket which you use for backflushing. 58 mm in diameter.
- Tamper – A cheap plastic tamper. Manufacturers will normally include a tamper like this to keep the overall selling price of the machine low. We recommend upgrading to a better tamper.
- Cleaning brush – A brush specifically for cleaning the grouphead. There are ridges on the neck of the brush to help prevent scalding water from reaching your hand.
- Silicon hose – This attaches to the water tank adapter if you are going to use an in line water softener such as the Ascaso water softener.
- Instructional manual – Written in 3 languages: German, English, and Dutch.
For more ECM Germany products, please visit our ECM Germany brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.