ECM Elektronika II Profi Switchable Espresso Machine
The ECM Elektronika II Profi has the same quality features as the Technika such as an E61 grouphead and rotary vane pump. In addition, the Elektronika has a row of programmable buttons which dose out a preset amount of water. You can also connect to a direct water line so you won’t have to constantly fill a water tank.
- Automatic controls – There are 4 buttons that allow you to make espresso. Each of these buttons is reprogrammable to your own settings.
- Semi-automatic control – In addition to the automatic buttons, there is also a semi-automatic dosing button.
Heat exchange system:
- Stainless steel, insulated – The boiler is made of stainless steel which is less susceptible to limescale. Typically stainless steel boilers do not retain their heat as well as copper or brass boilers. This machine compensates that by being wrapped with insulation.
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time – Steam is always readily available. Therefore there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode. Works well if entertaining a small group of people.
Separate pressure gauges:
- Steam pressure gauge – Located on the left. Measures from 0 to 3 bar. Optimal pressure is between 0.8 and 1.1.
- Brew pressure gauge – Located on the right. Measures from 0 to 16 bar. Optimal pressure is between 8 and 10.
- Constantly heated – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. This keeps the grouphead at a constant, stable temperature compared to other groupheads that have a built-in heating element.
Rotary vane pump:
- Quiet operation – Rotary pumps are necessary for direct connect capable machines since vibration pumps cannot handle the incoming water pressure. The main benefit that you will experience is that they are a lot quieter.
- Adjustable – No need to remove the body panel to access. The adjustment screw is accessible underneath the machine.
Switchable from a water tank to direct water connection:
- Easy transition – After hooking up the water line (included) to your machine, all you need to do is activate a switch. The switch is behind the drip tray on the left side. Turn to the “1” position.
Steam & hot water wands:
- Joystick handles – Easily pull in any direction for quick activation. Both joysticks will also lock in any position for hands-free operation.
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility.
- “No burn” – Both wands are insulated to allow you to touch anywhere on the arm. However, the tip and connection are still hot. Please also note that after very long periods of steaming or pouring hot water, the arm will be too hot to touch. We recommend to only touch the rubber grips on each wand.
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- Portafilters – Single spout portafilter and a dual spout portafilter. Both handles match the style of the grouphead lever and are ergonomically designed with an angle for easy operation to lock into the grouphead.
- Filter baskets – 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams. Blind filter basket which you can use for backflushing. All baskets are 58 mm in diameter.
- Tamper – A cheap plastic tamper, common for most espresso machines to keep overall selling price of machine low. We recommend upgrading to a better tamper.
- Cleaning brush – Used for cleaning the grouphead. Ergonomically designed with an angle for easier usage. The neck has special ridges to keep hot water from dripping to your hand.
- Hose – Stainless steel braided. For connecting to a water line.
- Instruction manual – Written in both German and English.
For more ECM Germany products, please visit our ECM Germany brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.