ECM Casa V Espresso Machine
Single boiler, dual purpose system:
- Brass, insulated - The boiler is made of brass which retains heat better than stainless steel. Typically copper boilers are more susceptible to limescale when you compare to stainless steel boilers. Therefore, we highly recommend using a water softener. The manufacturer wraps the boiler with insulation for maximum heat retention.
- Boiler volume - With a 0.4 liter capacity, this machine has one of the largest boilers on the market under $1,000.
- High wattage heating element - The heating element rates at a very high 1200 watts. This allows for quicker reaction time when cold water enters the boiler, shorter heat up times, and quick transition from coffee to steam mode.
- Over pressure valve (O.P.V.) - Easy access on the top of the machine, underneath the cup warming tray. This adjusts the brew pressure. Turn clockwise to increase and counter-clockwise to decrease.
- Pressure gauge - Displays in real time the pressure during coffee extraction. Only 9-10 bar is needed to make espresso. This gauge will help perfect your espresso shot.
- Display - Our current stock has the newer display that reads every 4 bar.
Steam / water wand:
- Multi-purpose - Used for both steam or hot water depending on the current mode.
- Multi-directional - Allows for flexibility to steam on the side of the machine. Enables you to prepare creamy cappuccinos.
- Very short wait time - The small boiler and very high wattage heating element, cuts the wait time from coffee to steam.
- Stainless steel body and frame – Polished to a mirror finish and rust resistant.
- Drip tray – All stainless steel tray and grate. Easily removable for cleaning.
- Push button controls - Simple to use. All controls are on the front face of the machine. The main controls are on the left side in a 2x2 grid.
- Power switch - Located in the front upper left. The light above indicates that the unit is on.
- Coffee switch - Located in the front upper right. The light above indicates the pump is on running water through the grouphead.
- Steam switch - Located in the front lower left. The light above indicates the heating element is active.
- Hot water switch - Located in the front lower right. The light above indicates the wand is active for hot water.
- Steam knob - Located on the front right. Being on the front instead of the right reduces the overall width and helps save counter space. After activating steam or hot water mode, turn the knob counter-clockwise to open the wand.
Accessories included with the ECM Casa V:
- Portafilters - Dual spout portafilter. 58 mm in diameter. Commercial grade quality similar to the other ECM machines.
- Filter baskets - 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams. Blind filter basket which you use for backflushing. 58 mm in diameter.
- Tamper - A cheap plastic tamper. Manufacturers will normally include a tamper like this to keep the overall selling price of the machine low. We recommend upgrading to a better tamper.
- Cleaning brush - A brush specifically for cleaning the grouphead. There are ridges on the neck of the brush to help prevent scalding water from reaching your hand.
- Silicon hose - This attaches to the water tank adapter if you are going to use an in line water softener.
- Instructional manual - Written in 3 languages: German, English, and Dutch.
For more ECM Manufacture products, please visit our ECM Manufacture brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.
Espresso Machine Warning:
- ELECTRICAL WARNING: To avoid electrical damage to this espresso machine which is not considered a manufacturer's defect, please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. the lack of the recommended surge suppressor, the espresso machine can be damaged at the power switch, the electronics, the heating element, the pressurstat or the wiring inside.
- WATER WARNING: To increase the useful life of and not damage your espresso machine, please use softened water. Softened water is water without calcium and without magnesium, but still has other minerals for espresso extraction. Do not use distilled water, purified water, nor reverse osmosis water as these types of water create oxidation with the metals and cause the same damaging effects as limescale.
- DESCALING WARNING: We do not recommend descaling unless there is an issue with the espresso machine. The reason is that too much descaling can eat away at the metals and gaskets inside an espresso machine.
- Shopping for best price: When shopping for this espresso machine, please keep in mind that 1st-line Equipment stocks many spare parts for this machine so 1st-line's customers can be serviced if there are any problems. Please keep in mind the selling dealer is responsible dealer in the selling country is for providing the service and warranty. ECM Germany does not have a worldwide labor warranty and will not ship parts directly to customers worldwide. Hence, it is best to check the dealer's web site for spare parts.
- Direct water connection: This model can only operate using the water tank. It cannot be hooked up to a water line.
- Steam nozzle: As of July 5, 2013, ECM Germany has confirmed the steam nozzle has 1/8" inner thread. Please note that ECM, like most manufacturers, can make changes without prior notification. Therefore, please check your machine before ordering any steam tips.
- Manufacturer Report - on lead content
- Rolls Royce: Rolls Royce is a trademark of its respective owner.
- E61 Flow Control: Please note that the Casa V is not compatible with the E61 Flow Control.