Bezzera Matrix MN V2 Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
The Bezzera Matrix MN illuminated (quite literally) at HOST Milan 2017. Every attendee, including us, were drawn to this glowing beginner dual boiler espresso machine. We very quickly realized upon talking directly with Bezzera that there is more than meets the eye with this dual boiler machine. In addition, with durability that is inherent in Bezzera machines, the Matrix has been thoughtfully developed with user functionality as a key focus as well as its attractive design. If you need a machine to entertain with two different PID's, look no further!
PID Touch Display
Bezzera equips the Matrix with a beautiful 3.5″ LED touch display that allows the user to program a number of functions with ease. Adjusting the temperature between the two boilers is crystal clear, as well as checking the water levels. Also, you can also adjust the color of the signature LED body panels on the Matrix in the settings of the touch display. Other programmable features on the touchpad include:
- pre-infusion, priority heat up between boilers
- auto on/off settings
- switch between direct plumb and reservoir
- automatic backflush program
- maintenance reminders
- selection of language
Illuminated LED Body Panels
Made from durable plexiglass, these LED body panels provide eye-catching illumination for the home. Further, you can customize the colors on the touch display to fit any mood. The glow beautifully reflects off the polished mirror finish stainless steel body.
Independently Controlled Boilers
Two separate PID’s control the thermostats for the .45 L coffee boiler and 1L water/steam boiler. Also, you can even program through the touch display which boiler you’d prefer to heat up first! All controlled by its 3.5″ touch display.
The E61 grouphead ensures consistent water stability. Hot water circulates from the boiler through the grouphead and back. The result? The grouphead and your portafilter stay nice and hot, especially important to get a nice shot of espresso. A lever next to the grouphead easily activates the pump to draw water through the coffee grinds.
Multi-Directional Steam and Hot Water Wand
Allows for more flexibility. Joystick controls for steam and hot water wands give instant on/off operation as opposed to knobs that you must turn clockwise / counter-clockwise. In addition, each has a rubber cover to prevent fingers from burning.
Less plastic is always a bonus in our eyes. The Matrix is designed with wooden handles on not only the portafilter but the joysticks and lever as well.
Three Way Solenoid Valve
Allows quick removal of portafilter after espresso extraction by relieving the pressure built up in the grouphead. The result is a dry puck of coffee you can easily knock out of the portafilter.
Rotary Vane Pump and Motor
Produces a quieter extraction than a vibratory vane pump. Situated underneath tank/reservoir, so adjustments can be made from underneath the espresso machine.
Very Large Water Tank
A 4 L water reservoir means fewer refills for higher volume use. Electronic sensors detect low water levels and indicate it on the touch display. Refilling occurs from the top of the machine by lifting up the lid on hinges.
Passive Cup Warmer
Able to hold up to six cappuccino cups and passively warm them to ensure coffee remains hot.
Automatic Water Refill to Boiler
In addition to automatic refilling of the boiler, the Matrix also has a safety cutout to prevent machine damage.
- Single and Double spout portafilter w/ wood handles
- 1-cup & 2-cup filter baskets
- Blind filter basket
- Plastic tamper
- Plastic scoop
- Grouphead cleaning brush
- Reservoir plug
- 1.5-meter stainless steel braided hose
- Instruction manual.
Coffee – 800, Steam – 1200
110 – 120
|Boiler capacity (liters)||
Coffee – 0.45, Steam – 1.05
|Portafilter size (mm)||
|Tank capacity (liters)||
|Country of manufacture||
- Since this is a new model, every Bezzera Matrix/Duo model gets inspected, bench tested, and calibrated with 'water only' prior to shipping. Upon arrival, please use the machine within 5 business days.
- Do not move or lift the machine from the top rails as damage may occur to the rails or body of the machine.
- The Bezzera Matrix DE comes from Bezzera on a mini pallet, which is why we will ship this machine out to you, the customer, on a pallet. Additionally, it is less likely that your machine will arrive damaged with this shipping method.
- 15 AMP plug and cable are designed to be used with 15 AMP in a continuous way and they admit pick of current until around 20 AMP. During our tests, we recorded 17,76 AMP (as maximum current) only in the 3:20 minutes of the warm-up time (when both boiler heat up together).
- During the coffee brewing the service boiler heating element is disabled and when the machine is not used, thanks to the PID controls, only current impulses are given to the heating elements.
- Note from Bezzera dated 03/25/2021
- 20 AMP plug will continue to be used on Matrix and Duo 110 Volt versions because the safety standards do not allow the use of an undersized plug compared with the power consumption reported in the machine data label.
- We will add advice into the machine box where we explain to the final user that it is possible to use the machine with a 15 Amp plug adapter only setting a boiler priority.
- We would like to inform you that, according to our tests, the major difference in the machine performance, setting or not the boiler priority, is in the warm-up period.
- We faced no big performance differences in the coffee thermostability and water/steam services, in the regular machine use, giving priority to a coffee or steam boiler.
- WARM-UP TIME (no priority)
Coffee service: 3:20 min
Hot water / steam service: 6:45 min
- WARM-UP TIME (coffee boiler/service boiler priority)
Coffee service: 7:10 min
Hot water / steam service: 10:10 min
- TEST CONDITION:
Power supply: 110V
Frequency: 60 Hz
Room temperature: 22°C
Coffee boiler set point: 92°C
Service boiler set point: 125°C
General Espresso Machine Notes/Warnings:
General Espresso Machine Notes/Warnings: