Bezzera Duo DE V2 Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
Look no further if you crave precise temperature control and unwavering stability! The Bezzera Duo DE, a remarkable dual boiler espresso machine, is the answer to your desires. With not one, not two, but three PID controllers, it regulates the temperature of the coffee boiler, the water/steam boiler, and even the grouphead itself. This meticulous attention to temperature control sets the Duo apart, ensuring that every espresso extraction is a masterpiece.
Our first encounter with the Duo at HOST Milan 2017 left us in awe. Bezzera's thoughtful engineering shines through in this beginner-friendly dual boiler espresso machine, empowering espresso enthusiasts to effortlessly achieve distinct flavor profiles.
But the features don't stop there. The Bezzera Duo DE boasts a stunning 3.5" LED touch display, elevating the user experience to new heights. Programming various functions becomes a breeze with this intuitive interface. From adjusting the temperature between the two boilers to checking water levels, everything is crystal clear.
The touchpad also grants you the power to customize and fine-tune your brewing experience with its programmable features, including pre-infusion settings, priority heat up between boilers, auto on/off preferences, and the option to switch between direct plumb and reservoir modes. Moreover, the automatic backflush program and maintenance reminders ensure that your machine remains in optimal condition.
The Bezzera Duo DE even caters to your language preference, allowing you to select the language of your choice. With its cutting-edge technology, user-friendly interface, and unparalleled temperature control, the Bezzera Duo DE is the ultimate dual boiler espresso machine that brings your espresso journey to new heights of perfection.
A keypad above the grouphead displays four designated buttons for volumetric coffee dosing, as well as a fifth button with Bezzera’s insignia for manual dosing.
Independently Controlled Boilers
Three separate PID’s control the .45 L coffee boiler and 1L water/steam boiler. Also, through the touch display, you can even program which boiler you would prefer to heat up first!
PID Temperature-Controlled Grouphead
The Bezzera grouphead on the electronic version of the Duo has its own PID–providing superior temperature control. Thus, this allows you to precisely understand what temperature you prefer for various blends.
Multi-Directional Steam and Hot Water Wand
Allows for more flexibility. Above all, joystick controls for steam and hot water wands give instant on/off operation as opposed to knobs that you must turn clockwise / counter-clockwise. Each has a rubber cover to prevent fingers from burning.
The Duo is designed with wooden handles on not only the portafilter but the joysticks and lever as well. After all, less plastic is always a bonus in our eyes!
Three Way Solenoid Valve
Allows quick removal of portafilter after espresso extraction by relieving the pressure built up in the grouphead. As a result, there is a dry puck of coffee that you can easily knock out of the portafilter.
Rotary Vane Pump and Motor
Produces a quieter extraction vs a vibratory vane pump. Situated underneath tank/reservoir and adjustment can be made from underneath the espresso machine.
Very Large Water Tank
A 4 L water reservoir means fewer refills for higher volume use, low water levels are detected by an electronic sensor and are indicated on the touch display. Refilling occurs from the top of the machine by lifting up the lid on hinges.
Passive Cup Warmer
Able to hold up to six cappuccino cups and passively warm them to ensure coffee remains hot.
Automatic Water Refill to Boiler
Automatic plus safety cutout to prevent machine damage.
- Single and Double spout portafilter w/ wood handles
- 1-cup & 2-cup filter baskets
- Blind filter basket
- Plastic tamper
- Plastic scoop
- Grouphead cleaning brush
- Reservoir plug
- 1.5-meter stainless steel braided hose
- Instruction manual.
- Measurements: 13″ Width x 18.5″ Depth x 16 5/8th H with rails (and 15″ H without rails)
Cup Warmer: 9 3/4″ x 9 3/4″
Coffee – 800, Steam – 1200
|Boiler capacity (liters)||
Coffee – 0.45, Steam – 1
|Portafilter size (mm)||
|Tank capacity (liters)||
|Country of manufacture||
- Since this is a new model, every Bezzera Matrix/Duo model gets inspected, bench tested, and calibrated with 'water only' prior to shipping. Upon arrival, please use the machine within 5 business days.
- Do not move or lift the machine from the top rails as damage may occur to the rails or body of the machine.
- The Bezzera Matrix DE comes from Bezzera on a mini pallet, which is why we will ship this machine out to you, the customer, on a pallet. Additionally, it is less likely that your machine will arrive damaged with this shipping method.
- 15 AMP plug and cable are designed to be used with 15 AMP in a continuous way and they admit pick of current until around 20 AMP. During our tests, we recorded 17,76 AMP (as maximum current) only in the 3:20 minutes of the warm-up time (when both boiler heat up together).
- During the coffee brewing the service boiler heating element is disabled and when the machine is not used, thanks to the PID controls, only current impulses are given to the heating elements.
- Note from Bezzera dated 03/25/2021
- 20 AMP plug will continue to be used on Matrix and Duo 110 Volt versions because the safety standards do not allow the use of an undersized plug compared with the power consumption reported in the machine data label.
- We will add advice into the machine box where we explain to the final user that it is possible to use the machine with a 15 Amp plug adapter only setting a boiler priority.
- We would like to inform you that, according to our tests, the major difference in the machine performance, setting or not the boiler priority, is in the warm-up period.
- We faced no big performance differences in the coffee thermostability and water/steam services, in the regular machine use, giving priority to a coffee or steam boiler.
- WARM-UP TIME (no priority)
Coffee service: 3:20 min
Hot water / steam service: 6:45 min
- WARM-UP TIME (coffee boiler/service boiler priority)
Coffee service: 7:10 min
Hot water / steam service: 10:10 min
- TEST CONDITION:
Power supply: 110V
Frequency: 60 Hz
Room temperature: 22°C
Coffee boiler set point: 92°C
Service boiler set point: 125°C
General Espresso Machine Notes/Warnings:
General Espresso Machine Notes/Warnings: