Bezzera BZ10 PM Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine – V2
This beautiful and compact stainless steel espresso machine can be a fine addition to any home! There are many benefits and a solid performance that can be found from the features on this espresso machine.
This machine is classified as a semi-automatic whereby the operator of the machine presses the coffee button to start the espresso extraction and depresses the same button to stop the espresso extraction.
The BZ10’s grouphead houses two electric heating elements and a thermostat to monitor temperature at the grouphead, and the boiler pressure/temperature is monitored by a pressurestat (regulator).
New features on the Version 2 model:
- Switches have been upgraded to toggle switches, previously push button switches, for easier activation.
- Indicator lights have been upgraded to LED’s, which are longer lasting than the previous regular bulbs.
- Emblem logo on the back body panel has been changed to a gold color, which is more eye-catching than the previous gray color.
- Body panel: All stainless steel wraparound body polished to a mirror finish. The gold colored emblem logo on the back of the panel really catches your eye.
- Steam wand: Located on the left side of the machine. Multi-directional to allow for almost any size frothing pitcher. 2 hole tip gives you a good amount of steaming power and helps create microfoam. Joystick lever activates the steam in any direction and locks in the up position which allows you to use both hands.
- Hot water wand: Located on the right side of the machine. Joystick lever activates the hot water in any direction. Maximum cup height clearance from drip tray to tip: ~4.25″.
- Grouphead: 58 mm size. Thermostat-controlled heating element help maintain temperature stability. Maximum cup height clearance from drip tray to spout: ~3.625″.
- Water tank / reservoir: 3 liter capacity. Accessible from the top back of the machine. In-line hose has a particle filter attached. Tank sits on a pressure plate which activates a microswitch. When the water in the tank is low, the microswitch gets deactivated and cuts power to the machine. This helps prevent the heating element from burning out.
- Boiler: 1.5 liter capacity. NSF approved Nistla (nickel) plated copper boiler. Circuitry for automatic refill of internal boiler from water reservoir.
- Dual pressure gauge: Top half indicates steam pressure. Ranges from 0 – 3 bar. Optimal range is between 0.8 – 1.2 bar. Bottom half indicates brew pressure. Ranges from 0 – 15 bar. Optimal range is between 8 – 10 bar.
- Vibration pump: Rated at 15 bar. Installed with air release valve.
- Vacuum breaker valve: Allow the machine to be placed on a timer.
- Overpressure valve (OPV): Adjustable to change exiting overpressure created by pump. Excess pressure is exited through the shorter hose in the water tank.
- Mater-style pressurestat: Adjustable for changing boiler pressure.
- Three way solenoid valve: Allows for quick removal of portafilter after espresso extraction. Excess pressure is exited to the drip tray.
- Accessories included: Dual spout portafilter, 2-cup filter basket, 1-cup filter basket, blind filter basket, plastic tamper, plastic scoop, grouphead cleaning brush.
For more Bezzera products, please visit our Bezzera brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.