Rocket Mozzafiato Cronometro Type V HX Espresso Machine
The Rocket Mozzafiato Cronometro Type V HX Espresso Machine has two different body styles. Both have a shot timer and a PID display for temperature control.
Heat exchange system
- Copper/brass, insulated: Copper is one of the best metals for conducting heat. It is also susceptible to limescale. Rocket added a T.E.A.+ coating which helps reduce the possibility of limescale sticking to the walls of the boiler. The insulation also helps retain heat better.
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time: Steam is always readily available. Therefore there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode.
- Auto refill: A sensor in the boiler detects when the water in the boiler is low. This prevents burning out the heating element.
- Constantly heated: Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. This keeps the grouphead at a constant, stable temperature compared to other groupheads that have a built-in heating element.
- Flow control capable: You can purchase on of our flow control devices for the grouphead and be able to customize your espresso shots on the fly!
- Steam boiler temperature: The PID controls are located behind the drip tray. The dot indicates when the heating element is pulsed on.
- Temperature adjustment: You can adjust the steam boiler temperature by pressing the left arrow first and then using either arrow to bring the temperature up or down. Your setting will automatically save after a couple of seconds.
- Celsius > Fahrenheit: The PID temperature is displayed in Celsius by default. To switch to Fahrenheit, power off the machine. Then hold both arrow keys and power on the machine. Keep holding for approximately 5 seconds until you see “F.03” on the screen. Then press the up arrow until you see “°F” on the screen. Then wait approximately 3 seconds for the option to save. Then power down and power on.
- Located above the power switch on the front. Clearly visible and starts once the pump starts. The final time displays for approximately 5 seconds before disappearing. Also displays the software version when powering on the machine.
- Auto shut-off: A built-in function that shuts the machine off after 90 minutes from your last coffee shot. This feature along with the other sensors in the water tank and boiler allows you to leave your machine on all the time without the worry of burning out your machine. Lifting the grouphead lever will exit eco mode.
- Enable/disable mode: The button is located underneath the machine on the right. Pressing the button enables eco mode and you will see an “E” on the shot time display. Depressing the button disables eco mode and you will see a crossed-out “E” on the shot time display.
- Easy to fill: The open-top design makes it very easy to refill the tank with water. However, the best practice is to remove the tank when filling it with water.
- Easy to clean: The open top also makes it easy to clean and rinse all the way to the inside bottom of the tank if necessary.
- Easy to install: When inserting the tank, make sure the Rocket logo is facing you.
- Low water sensor: This shuts the heating process off and stops coffee extraction to prevent burning out the heating element. The machine will indicate low water by blinking the green light on and off.
- Efficient: 41 watts, rated up to 15 bar. You only need 9 bar to extract perfect espresso, and wattage has no correlation to longevity.
- Cost-effective: Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
- Boiler pressure: Located on the left. Indicates how much-steaming power is available.
- Pump pressure: Located on the right. Indicates the amount of bar pressure during coffee extraction.
Parts & Accessories Included
- Portafilters: Single spout portafilter & dual spout portafilter. Both measure 58 mm with the Rocket logo stamped on the filter head.
- Filter baskets: 1-cup, 2-cup, & blind basket for backflushing.
- Tamper: 58mm aluminum. No need to upgrade.
- Cleaning brush: Specifically for grouphead.
- Cleaning tablets: For backflushing.
- Cloth wipe: For general cleaning of the body.
- Instruction manual: Beautifully printed book version and a digital copy on the USB drive.
Steam/hot water wand
- Rotational knobs: Allows for easier control of the intensity. The steam knob is stylized with the iconic Rocket “R”.
- Multi-directional wands: Allows for more movement and flexibility.
- 2-hole steam tip: Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.