Rancilio Silvia M V6 Espresso Machine
Firstly, no one knows the Rancilio Silvia espresso machine better than 1st-line Equipment! We have been carrying the Rancilio Miss Silvia espresso machines since 1998. Similarly, we are carrying today’s current version, the Rancilio Silvia M espresso machine.
years decades, Rancilio has made countless improvements to this classic. Furthermore, the latest V6 upgrades include a solid tamper, which replaces the cheap plastic one that most customers discard. Additionally, the grouphead cover is now black plastic, which replaced the chrome-covered one that used to peel constantly. Currently, the wand is stainless steel when the previous wand was made of a chrome-covered brass that also used to peel over time.
In addition, if you are looking for a compatible espresso coffee grinder to grind Miscela d’Oro coffee for your Rancilio Silvia espresso machine, then take a look at the Rancilio Rocky Doser, Eureka Mignon Perfetto, Eureka Mignon Silenzio, or Rancilio Rocky Doserless!
Actually, would you like to upgrade to a Rancilio dual boiler espresso machine? Then learn more about the Rancilio Silvia Pro!
Single Boiler, Dual-Purpose system
- Brass boiler: Made of a high-quality press forged marine brass. Besides, the small 0.35 L boiler helps keep a constant water temperature and facilitate the espresso coffee extraction. Also, the insulation wrapping helps keep the boiler temperature stable.
- Stainless steel heating element: This helps reduce the chance of limescale buildup.
- Three separate thermostats (coffee, steam, & safety): Rather, other espresso machines just have two thermostats! However, please note the coffee thermostat is not adjustable. Thus, if you want to change the temperature of the machine, you will need to change to a higher temperature thermostat.
Steam / Hot Water Wand
- Stainless steel: V6 UPGRADE! Instead, previous versions were made of a chrome-covered brass that would wear over time.
- Multi-purpose: Used for both steam or hot water depending on the current mode.
- Multi-directional: Enables you to prepare creamy cappuccinos.
- Rubber grip: Protects our fingers when adjusting the steam wand.
- Visible heating light for brewing and steaming.
- Accordingly, there is a separate switch for hot water supply. Further, the steam knob needs to be in the open position for water to come out of the steam wand.
- Open top: Unlike others that only have a small hole, this is easier to clean the inside.
V6 UPGRADE! The grouphead cover is made of black plastic. However, the previous ones were chrome-covered and would peel over time.
Drip Tray / Grill
Correspondingly, this is easily removable and cleaned with a non-abrasive cloth and warm water.
Vibratory (Vibration) Pump
- Efficient: Suitably, this is 41 watts, rated up to 15 bar with air valve bypass. Nevertheless, only 9 bar is necessary to extract espresso. Additionally, wattage has no correlation to longevity.
- Cost-effective: Unfortunately, pumps will degrade in performance over time. Therefore, replacing a vibration pump will be less costly than a rotary vane pump.
Parts & Accessories Included
- Portafilters: 58mm dual spout portafilter with a commercial grade handle.
- Filter baskets: First, there is a 1-cup filter basket that holds approximately 7 grams. In addition, there is a 2-cup filter basket that holds approximately 14 grams.
- Blind insert: Use with the 2-cup filter basket to backflush the grouphead.
- Tamper: V6 UPGRADE! A solid 58 mm tamper. Accordingly, there is no need to spend extra money.
- Coffee scoop: If you are using pre-ground coffee, the Rancilio Silvia comes with a simple plastic scoop.
- Instructional manual.