A huge legend in a small body – Mara is placed at the prestigious end of many home espresso machine. It combines the best technology ever – the legendary E61 grouphead inside an incredibly compact, full stainless steel body. The result: a marvelous, appealing and super compact espresso machine enabling to apply barista’s golden rules and extract the most tasty espressos and cappuccinos you can dream of.
This version of the Mara comes with a built-in PID Sensor. This helps keep a steady boiler temperature, better than a pressurstat in terms of temperature management and in terms of reliability. Although this unit does not have a user programmable PID controller interface to change the boiler temperature, the manufacturer has a preset temperature for the boiler based on years of studying the PID.
- Polymer tubing connecting boiler to steam and hot water valves are alimentary, withstand high pressure, withstand high temperatures up to 620 °F, facilitate easier repairs, and most importantly, are limescale free.
- Stainless steel body with a satin finish (exterior only).
- Dual pressure gauge – Top part measures boiler pressure (0 – 4 bar). Bottom part measures pump pressure (0 – 16 bar).
- Separate indicator lights – Left light is for power to indicate the machine is powered on. Right light is for the heating element to indicate when the heating element is energized.
- Multi-directional, no burn steam and no burn hot water wand and 2 hole steam tip.
- Professional grade portafilter – double spout handle – with 58 mm with Lelit logo imprinted on the filter head.
- Adjustable over pressure valve – top cover and body panel need to be removed to adjust. We do not recommend this as the pump pressure can be regulated by the grind fineness, amount of coffee in the basket, as well as the tamping presure.
- Water reservoir has a two stage shut off. One shut off is for when removing the reservoir. The second shut off is a magnetic float to power off the heating element when the reservoir is low on water.
- Manual resettable safety thermostat on top of boiler – this usually occurs if the PID sensor
- E61 grouphead – hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead to keep your portafilter nice and hot.
- 1.4 liter copper boiler, insulated on side, with heat exchanger and thermo-siphon double cycle system to have the brewing group and the boiler always hot, at the right temperature determined by the manufacturer
- Extremely low feet to create a very low profile
- Power plug completely removable from rear of machine – make sure it is thoroughly plugged in as a weak connection can cause a fire hazard.
- Accessories: Instructional manual, dual spout portafilter with 2-cup basket, cheap plastic tamper, plastic scoop, and blind filter basket/insert