Eureka Atom Specialty 75 Titanium Burr Espresso Grinder w/ Short Bean Hopper
The Eureka Atom Specialty 75 is a professionally designed espresso coffee grinder that is great for your home or commercial espresso bar! It grinds lightening FAST!!!! Although the looks are very similar to the original Eureka Atom, what makes this version better is that it features large (75mm) flat gold titanium burrs. Therefore, the time it takes to grind the coffee beans will be quicker and will still be quiet! The height of the grinder, including the small hopper, is a whopping 17 inches, so make sure you have the appropriate amount of space on your countertop. Additionally, the short bean hopper can hold approximately 250 grams of espresso beans. The Eureka Atom Speciality 75 is available in chrome or matt black.
According to the diagrams, the grinding chamber is slightly larger on the Atom 75, so grinds retention can be a little greater. However, if you dose the beans into the hopper, you should be able to dose most of the grinds out. Or, use the optional BLOW UP system.
Finally, if you are interested in a similar espresso coffee grinder with a large bean hopper and slightly smaller 65mm flat burrs, then check out the Eureka Atom Specialty 65!
- Flat grinding burrs – Large size at 75 mm. The larger the size, the more of a grinding surface, resulting in faster production. The burrs are made of a long lasting TITANIUM.
- High rpm – Fast spinning rate at 1400 rpm. The higher the speed, the faster the production, which can increase efficiency and reduce wait times. Espresso grinding is approximately 4.5 – 5.5 grams / second, but depends on beans, voltage, and grind fineness.
- Stepless – Gives you an “infinite” range of settings which allow you to really fine tune your grind to your espresso machine. Turn clockwise for a finer grind and counterclockwise for a coarser grind.
- Perfect positioning – The adjustment knob is located on the top right of the grinder, underneath the bean hopper. This helps keep the overall width of the Eureka Atom Specialty 75 low compared to other grinders that have it on the side. This also protects it from hitting against other equipment.
- Short and Compact – The hopper holds approximately 250 grams of whole coffee beans.
- Rubber neck guard – The bean hopper sits comfortably on top of the grinder. There is a rubber neck guard which helps protect the neck of the bean hopper from cracking.
- Set screw – Secures the hopper to the grinder. Prevents users from quickly removing the hopper, spilling beans everywhere.
- Finger guard – Prevents users from “accidentally” putting their fingers in the grinding burrs.
- Stopper – A door near the bottom of the hopper can be pushed in to close the opening. This allows you to remove the hopper with beans inside so you can easily change the beans. There will be some beans already passed in the burrs which will have to be ground out first before removing the hopper.
- Portafilter fork – Used mainly for espresso grinding. The distance from the portafilter fork to the coffee chute is approximately 2.5″. There is a built-in lip that helps hold most portafilters in place. The distance from the portafilter fork to the lip is approximately 1.5″. The fork can be adjusted up and down by loosening the holding screw with the included Allen key.
- Time based grinding – The “1-cup” mode can adjust from 0.5 seconds to 25 seconds. The “2-cup” mode can adjust from 0.5 seconds to 35 seconds. You can adjust the time by 0.1 second increments. The semi-automatic mode tracks the time from start to stop.
- Color display – When semi-automatic dosing, the display switches to a picture of a grinding burr with a timer in the center. It will count up by 0.1 second increments until you stop. When electronic dosing, the screen will highlight whether you select “1-cup” or “2-cup”. The timer will count down when you start the grinding cycle.
Learn more about our other Eureka espresso coffee grinders on its brand page!