1st-line was the first to carry the Technika Profi tank model in 2012, and we asked ECM Germany to manufacture a switchable model which was released later that year. Unlike some internet only companies, 1st-line stocks parts in the event that the machine needs to be serviced. Check out our espresso parts section to see! And, if you buy the machine from us, we offer huge discounts on these prices.
The ECM Manufacture Technika IV Profi espresso machine meets form and function with its design in Germany and manufacturing in Italy.
The ECM Manufacture Technika IV Profi espresso machine can switch between a reservoir/tank mode and a direct water line connection. The newest feature is the stainless steel guide rails placed on the black frame so the drip tray does not scratch the black paint on the side rails.
Compared to the ECM Germany Barista, the Technika has wider and refined body panels, upgraded portafilters, and joystick controls for the steam/hot water valves – all of which ultimately cost more to produce.
Although some may call this the Rolls Royce of filter holder machines, it is. For one, Rolls Royce cars are very expensive and they eventually do need repairs – like any espresso machine. Therefore, it is important to purchase from a quality dealer who can service the machine and has the spare parts to service their customers – not one that just sells you a machine.
- Solid chrome plated ECM (E61 style) brewing group with small lever action control to start and stop the espresso extraction. The switch that is engaged by the lever is of high quality, as well.
- The lever on the grouphead allows the operator to pre-infuse the coffee with water from the heat exchanger. Please note that true pre-infusion requires a direct water connection (possible when connected directly to a water line) whereby the water pressure from the water line creates the true pre-infusion.This model has passive pre-infusion when utilized in reservoir mode where the steam pressure in the thermosyphon tubes pushes water through the coffee grind.
- Professional joystick valve technology on the steam and hot water valves can only be locked in the full on and off position. For in between steam power, the user needs to hold the joystick in place while steaming.
- With the heat exchanger/thermosyphon system, only fresh water from the water tank is used for the espresso extraction. The water in the heat exchanger flows to and from the grouphead.
- Body made of polished stainless steel.
- Compact construction with stainless steel boiler. The larger the boiler, the more steaming capacity the user has for entertaining and superior temperature stability over machines with smaller boilers. The end flanges are also made of stainless steel. Please note that there are still other components made of copper and brass inside the machine.
- High quality heating element produced with a stainless steel flange (part which connects to boiler).
- Boiler safety valve on top of boiler opens if the boiler goes into overpressure – usually due to calcification of the pressurestat pipe.
- Rotary vane pump with internal adjustment screw is placed on rubber dampening brackets – please note that sometimes the pump will shift in transport and knock out the reservoir connection under the water reservoir. ECM has placed tie-wraps under the machines, but sometimes these break in transport, too.
- The overpressure valve (OPV) to release excessive brew pressure.
- Magnetic float in water reservoir will power off heating element when water level is low.
- Full size pressurestat properly configured vertical and away from boiler top.
- Dual safety thermostats in case one fails during a potential overpressure situation.
- Dual gauges are offer greater visible at top and not hidden near bottom of front panel. There is one gauge for pump/extraction pressure, and one gauge for steam pressure.
- Portafilter holder made of solid brass and plastic handle with ability to hold 58mm type baskets.
- Removable drip tray and grate made of polished stainless steel.
- Multi-directional steam and hot water wands can be moved in multiple directions. The steam wand has a 2-hole steam tip. Also available are a 4-hole, and 5-hole.
- Grips on wands to protect hands from heat while full size steam wand allows greater steam power over no-burn wands.
- Low profile black feet allow lowest height capability.
- The espresso extraction, frothed milk, and hot water can be dispensed simultaneously.
- Accessories: Single spout 58mm portafilter with single cup filter basket, dual spout 58mm portafilter with double cup filter basket, plastic tamper, plastic measuring scoop, blind filter basket, backflush detergent, instructional manual & stainless steel water line hose.
- Engineering design in Germany and assembled in Milan, Italy by a third party (not ECM Manufacture).