ECM C-Manuale 54 Espresso Grinder
The ECM C-Manuale 54 is one of ECM’s semi-automatic espresso grinders. The stepped adjustment dial allows for easier transition from fine to coarse settings.
- Stepped – Adjustment dial is located underneath the hopper. The entire dial has a numbering system so you can remember your current grind setting easier. Turn clockwise for a coarser grind and counterclockwise for a finer grind.
- Setting lock – A setting lock button keeps your current setting. This helps prevent users from accidentally altering it and spending time to find your correct setting again.
- Flat burrs – Large size at 54 mm. The larger the size, the more of a grinding surface, resulting in faster production.
- High rpm – Faster spinning rate at 1400 rpm. The higher the speed, the faster the production, which can increase efficiency and reduce wait times.
- Easy access – Remove the bean hopper & the set screw. There are 3 Allen key screws (~2.3 mm) that hold the upper holder in place. After removing the screws, turn the upper burr holder counter clockwise until the top assembly comes off. This will give you access to the burrs and the grinding chamber. The burrs themselves are held in with 3 flat head screws.
- Easy operation – The long vertical plate activates a microswitch. This is what starts the grinding process. The plate extends below the fork if you are grinding into the container.
- Low profile – The total height of the ECM C-Manuale 54 is approximately 14.” It will easily fit under standard 18″ overhead cabinets.
- Stopper – A door near the bottom of the hopper can be pushed in to close the opening. This allows you to remove the hopper with beans inside so you can easily change the beans. There will be some beans already passed in the burrs which you will have to grind out first before removing the hopper.
- Ease of use – Accommodates most portafilters. The clearance from the fork to the funnel is approximately 2.5.”
- Container grinding – The forks requires a wrench to remove the holding nut. However the coffee funnel and fork sit high on the grinder. You can fit any small container (under 3“) underneath the fork.
Grinds catch tray
- Easy to “install” – There are no screws or hooks. The tray forms around the front legs of the grinder.
- Convenient – As easy as it is to “install,” it’s just as easy to remove to discard any excess grinds. There are other comparable models that do not have a tray at all.
- Instruction manual – Written in 2 languages: German, English.
For more ECM Germany products, please visit our ECM Germany brands page.