Mazzer Mini Timer Doser Espresso Coffee Grinder
The best-built, commercial espresso grinder for home use and an exceptional choice for commercial use. The Mazzer Mini Timer version has a switch on the side so that the grinder will automatically stop grinding. Mazzer no longer produces a manual on/off switch version because they fear grinders may accidentally be left on all day. The built-in timer allows the unit to auto-shut off after the right amount of time. In other words, you can have the Mazzer Mini grind just the right amount of coffee based on time. However, if you keep the time the same and change the grind setting, the yield will be different.
The drip tray has been upgraded from plastic to stainless steel. This new drip tray will also work on older models. Originally the power cord came out from the side panel. Now it comes out from the bottom so it won’t hit against any other pieces of equipment. The bean hopper has gone through a redesign. With the lower profile, the grinder can now fit under cabinets that are 18″ or over. Our current stock of the Mazzer Mini Timer also includes a grinder cleaning brush!
- Timer – Located on the side of the grinder. Turning the dial all the way will start the grinding process and will stop after 1 minute. To manually stop the grinding process, turn the dial back counter clockwise. The timer acts as a safety feature to prevent users from walking away and overflowing the grinder doser.
- Stepless – Infinite number of grind settings which allows you really fine tune your grind. Adjustment dial is located underneath the hopper. The entire dial is numbered so you can remember your current grind setting easier. Turn clockwise for a coarser grind and counterclockwise for a finer grind.
- Adjustment lever – This lever screws into the adjustment dial and helps you easily change your grind settings. There are 5 positions where you can install this lever. Once you find your correct grind setting, you can move the lever to another position that won’t stick out the sides.
- Flat burrs – Large size at 58 mm. The larger the size, the more of a grinding surface, resulting in faster production.
- High rpm – Faster spinning rate at 1600 rpm. The higher the speed, the faster the production, which can increase efficiency and reduce wait times.
- Easy access – Remove the bean hopper. Turn the grinding adjust to the coarser direction until the top assembly comes off. This will give you access to the burrs and the grinding chamber. The burrs themselves are held in with Allen key screws.
- Low profile – The total height of the grinder without the hopper is a little under 12″. The bean hopper adds another 5″ bringing the total height to approximately 17″. The total capacity is approximately 1.3 pounds of whole coffee beans, a little over half the size of a standard kilo bag.
- Set screw – Secures the hopper to the grinder. Serves as a reminder for users from quickly removing the hopper if it is full of beans.
- Finger guard – Prevents users from “accidentally” putting their fingers in the grinding burrs.
- Stopper – A door near the bottom of the hopper slides inward to close the opening. This allows you to remove the hopper with beans inside so you can easily change the beans. There will be some beans already passed in the burrs which will have to be ground out first before removing the hopper.
- Adjustable dosing – Allows you to change the amount of ground coffee dispensed into your portafilter.
- Finger guard – Located in dosing chamber.
- Portafilter fork – Solid, chrome plated. Directs your portafilter right underneath the doser chute.
- Built-in tamper – For those that want one. You can easily uninstall if you do not want to use.
- Effective July 17, 2006, all of our Mazzer Mini Timer grinders have an ETL certification. ETL certification insures that a manufacturer is utilizing quality components for product safety, and ongoing inspections and site visits by ETL insure that manufacturers do not deviate from those standards of product safety. Ultimately, this insures you that internal components are the same (no cost cutting) without the approval of ETL.