Modified and Converted To Doserless Mazzer Mini Timer Espresso Coffee Grinder
We had a bunch of ‘doser’ version Mazzer Mini espresso coffee grinders sitting in stock for a few years. As we all know, no one wants doser grinders. Therefore, we converted these grinders to doserless with a new funnel, new gasket, new screen, new faceplate, and new screws. This is a rare occasion we will do this because we are shying away from doser grinders for the future.
- Funnel – We replaced the doser assembly with the same funnel you will see on the Mini Electronic models.
- Portafilter fork – We replaced the original fork with the new hands free version.
- Flat burrs – Large size at 58 mm. The larger the size, the more of a grinding surface, resulting in faster production.
- High rpm – Faster spinning rate at 1600 rpm. The higher the speed, the faster the production, which can increase efficiency and reduce wait times.
- Easy access – Remove the bean hopper. Turn the grinding adjust to the coarser direction until the top assembly comes off. This will give you access to the burrs and the grinding chamber. You can remove the burrs with a Flathead or Philips head screwdriver.
- Stepless – Infinite number of grind settings which allows you really fine tune your grind. Adjustment dial is located underneath the hopper. The entire dial is numbered so you can remember your current grind setting easier. Turn clockwise for a coarser grind and counterclockwise for a finer grind.
- Adjustment lever – This lever screws into the adjustment dial and helps you easily change your grind settings. There are 5 positions where you can install this lever. Once you find your correct grind setting, you can move the lever to another position that won’t stick out the sides.
- Low profile – The total height of the grinder without the hopper is a little under 12″. The bean hopper adds another 5″ bringing the total height to approximately 17″. The total capacity is approximately 1.3 pounds of whole coffee beans, a little over half the size of a standard kilo bag.
- Set screw – Secures the hopper to the grinder. Serves as a reminder for users from quickly removing the hopper if it is full of beans.
- Finger guard – Prevents users from “accidentally” putting their fingers in the grinding burrs.
- Stopper – A door near the bottom of the hopper slides inward to close the opening. This allows you to remove the hopper with beans inside so you can easily change the beans. There will be some beans already passed in the burrs which will have to be ground out first before removing the hopper.
- Timer – Located on the right side of the grinder. Turning the dial all the way will start the grinding process and will stop after 1 minute. To manually stop the grinding process, turn the dial back counter clockwise. The timer acts as a safety feature to prevent users from walking away and overflowing the doser.
Effective July 17, 2006, all of our Mazzer Mini Timer grinders have an ETL certification. ETL certification insures that a manufacturer is utilizing quality components for product safety, and ongoing inspections and site visits by ETL insure that manufacturers do not deviate from those standards of product safety. Ultimately, this insures you that internal components are the same (no cost cutting) without the approval of ETL.