Macap CPS Dynamometric Tamper
The MACAP CPS (Constant Pressure System) automatic espresso tamper is an innovation for streamlining espresso production. It helps conform all users to utilize the same tamp pressure. Using a lever, this tamper applies uniform and level pressure to the ground espresso in a group handle. The result is a predictable and consistent extraction; a leap forward in simplifying traditional espresso preparation.
- Constant dynamic pressure: 55 pounds (25 kilograms)per manufacturer spec’s.
- Tamper diameter plates: (1) 51 mm, (1) 57.5 mm.
- The Macap CPS Twist cannot tamp in rapid succession. For double (or triple) tamping in succession in the same portafilter, you need raise the handle to the top position before re-tamping.
- This tamper may arrive with a little excess grease around the mechanism or surrounding portion of the bag. You can use a dry cloth to to clean off any excess. This will not have any impact on the operation of the grinder.
- The tamping pressure is adjustable, but Macap does not provide instructions. In addition, there is no way to determine the exact pressure to adjust to.
- Concept Art bases can screw onto this tamper. It leaves a gap but it is a secure fit.
For more Macap equipment, please visit our Macap brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.