Lelit PL41EM Anna Espresso Machine
Known as the “simplest machine to be a barista at home”, the Lelit Anna is an excellent unit for beginner baristas that are looking to make delicious espresso! The steam wand is perfect for making cappuccinos and lattes, and it generates enough hot water for standard American coffee. While this is a perfect home model, this is also suitable for one’s own small office space. If you are looking to make a small number of espresso beverages a day, then this could be the machine for you! Furthermore, if you are interested in a grinder to go with the Lelit PL41EM, then check out the Lelit PL044MM Fred!
Single boiler, dual-purpose system
- Brass: The small 250 ml boiler helps keep a constant water temperature and facilitate the espresso coffee extraction.
- High wattage heating element: 1000 watt heating element for quicker reaction time when cold water enters the boiler.
- Very quick warm-up time: We clocked the warm-up time for this machine (this includes the grouphead and portafilter when locked in) to be ~10 minutes. This is mainly due to the high wattage of the heating element and small size brass boiler. We found this to be very convenient for morning warm-ups, especially when in a rush.
- Three-way solenoid valve: Allows immediate removal of the portafilter immediately after the espresso extraction (or when the pump switch in coffee mode is off).
- Pressure gauge – Displays in real time the pressure during coffee extraction. Only 9-10 bar is necessary to make espresso. This gauge will help perfect your espresso shot.
- Push-button: Oval chromed switches for power, coffee, and steam.
- Steam/water knob: Located on the right of the espresso machine. Allows you to control the intensity of the steam or water output.
- Swivel: The wand comes with a plastic grip. This helps you move the steam wand and protects your fingers from burning.
- Multi-purpose: Used for both steam or hot water depending on the current mode.
- Short wait time: This is due to the small boiler and high wattage heating element.
- Frothing aid: The wand has this extra piece which injects extra air along with the steam. This helps in creating a more “frothy” texture.
- Stainless steel body and frame: Polished to a mirror finish and rust-resistant.
- Water tank visibility: There is an opening on the left side of the machine. This allows you to see the water level. This is a lot easier than opening the top cover and peeking in.
- Water tray grate: The tray is plastic. The cover is stainless steel. Both are removable for easy cleaning.
- Power cord: The cord is completely detachable from the machine. This helps prevent damage if you are moving or long term storing the machine. It also fits nicely in the drip tray.
- Cup warmer: Passive heat from the boiler below helps warms up cups.
- Portafilters: Dual spout portafilter.
- Filter baskets: 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams. Pod filter basket for use with E.S.E. pods. 57 mm in diameter.
- Tamper: A cheap plastic tamper. Manufacturers will normally include a tamper like this to keep the overall selling price of the machine low. We recommend upgrading to a better tamper.
- Coffee scoop: A simple plastic scoop if you are using pre-ground coffee.
For more Lelit equipment, please visit our Lelit brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.