La Marzocco GB5 Semi Automatic Commercial Espresso Machine
The La Marzocco GB5 Semi Automatic was named for Giovanna Bambi, Piero Bambi’s wife. It was designed with the classic La Marzocco styling and spirit. It combines harmonious aesthetics and powerful technological advancements with gracious lines and curves. The GB5 is an understated companion to any coffee bar, while its unmatched temperature stability provides steady brew water and steam even at the peak of the morning rush.
- PID: The PID Controller employs an algorithm to regulate when and for how long the heating element is engaged in the brew boiler. The PID controller allows more efficient and stable regulation of energy. With this level of control, temperature variability is reduced dramatically, making for a more consistent brew temperature. The barista is able to adjust the brew boiler temperature to a precise numerical value using a simple keypad without having to remove machine panels.
- Dual Boilers: Separate boilers optimize espresso brewing and steam production.
- Saturated Groups: Ensure unsurpassed thermal stability, shot after shot.
- Digital Display: Intuitive programming makes it easy to adjust machine parameters.
- Hot Water Economizer: Enables you to fine-tune the tap water temperature for tea.
- Dual PID (coffee and steam): Allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Ruby Flow Restrictors: Ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion.
- Portafilters & Precision Baskets: Stainless steel portafilters and precision baskets improve your cup quality and consistency.
- Thermal Stability System: As water passes through each element, temperature is further stabilized.
- Tall Cups: Allows you to use the machine with tall, to-go cups (+2.5cm /1in. in height).
- Auto Back-flush Program: Automatic cleaning program.
208 – 240
|Boiler capacity (liters)||
|2 group||~30 (77)||~162 (74)||4600||~1.9 (7)|
|3 group||~38 (97)||~201 (92)||6100||~3.0 (11)|
|4 group||~47 (120)||~280 (128)||8000||~3.9 (14.5)|
Espresso Machine Warning:
- ELECTRICAL WARNING: To avoid electrical damage to this espresso machine which is not considered a manufacturer's defect, please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. the lack of the recommended surge suppressor, the espresso machine can be damaged at the power switch, the electronics, the heating element, the pressurstat or the wiring inside.
- WATER WARNING: To increase the useful life of and not damage your espresso machine, please use softened water. Softened water is water without calcium and without magnesium, but still has other minerals for espresso extraction. Do not use distilled water, purified water, nor reverse osmosis water as these types of water create oxidation with the metals and cause the same damaging effects as limescale.
- DESCALING WARNING: We do not recommend descaling unless there is an issue with the espresso machine. The reason is that too much descaling can eat away at the metals and gaskets inside an espresso machine.
For more La Marzocco equipment, please visit our La Marzocco brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.