Elektra MXD Maxi Digital On Demand Stepless Doserless Espresso Coffee Grinder
Electronic / On-demand grinding
- Rotary dial – Easy to use rotary dial selector, similar to the ones you can find on Jura models like the Z6.
- Digital display – Easy to read LCD display. Programming menu also includes Welcome Message, Password Protection, Date & Lifetime Dosing Count.
- Single / Double / Triple dosing – Underneath the coffee chute is a red button. This starts the grinding process. First, select the mode of grinding using the rotary dial. When semi-automatic grinding, press and hold until you have the amount of ground coffee desired. When grinding on demand, press and hold for 1 second.
- Stepless – Gives you access to an “infinite” number of grind settings. This allows you really fine tune your grind fineness of your coffee beans. The numbered dial underneath the hopper helps you remember your current grind setting easier.
- Adjustment knob – Located in the rear of the machine just below the hopper. There are 2 knobs on both sides. When using the right knob, turning clockwise will make the grind finer. Turning counterclockwise will make the grind coarser.
- Flat burrs – Large size at 58 mm. The larger the size, the more of a grinding surface, resulting in faster production.
- High rpm – Fast spinning rate at 1400 rpm. The higher the speed, the faster the production, which can increase efficiency and reduce wait times.
- Easy access – Remove the bean hopper. Unscrew the numbered dial and hopper screw. Turn the upper burr holder clockwise until the top assembly comes off. This will give you access to the burrs and the grinding chamber. The burrs themselves are held in with Philips head screws.
- High capacity – The total capacity is approximately 2 pounds of whole coffee beans, about the size of a standard kilo bag.
- Metal lid – Upgraded from the default plastic one.
- Tinted – Helps to avoid premature deterioration of beans from light sources (such as sunlight).
- Set screw – Secures the hopper to the grinder. Serves as a reminder for users from quickly removing the hopper if it is full of beans.
- Finger guard – Prevents users from “accidentally” putting their fingers in the grinding burrs.
- Stopper – A door near the bottom of the hopper can be pushed in to close the opening. This allows you to remove the hopper with beans inside so you can easily change the beans. There will be some beans already passed in the burrs which will have to be ground out first before removing the hopper.
- Ease of use – Accommodates most portafilters. The clearance from the fork to the funnel is approximately 2.75 inches.
- Container grinding – The fork is not easily removable. However, it does not stick too far out from the grinder (~2.25 inches). Also, the coffee chute is wider than other grinders. This makes grinding into a large container no problem.
Grinds catch tray
- Easy to “install” – Hooks onto the front foot underneath the grinder. This helps keep the tray from sliding away.
- Convenient – As easy as it is to install, it’s just as easy to remove to discard any excess grinds. There are other comparable models that do not have a tray at all.
- Written in 5 languages: Italian, English, French, German, Spanish. Instructions also work for the M42, MC42, & M42M.
For more Elektra equipment, please visit our Elektra brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.
There are no reviews yet.