Elektra MSD Espresso Coffee Grinder
Elektra MSD On Demand Espresso Coffee Grinder has stepless adjustment grinding of beans through the doserless chute. Available in 3 finishes.
- Stepless – In detail, this gives an infinite number of grind settings which allows you really fine-tune your grind fineness. The adjustment knob is located on the back of the grinder The entire dial is numbered so you can remember your current grind setting easier. Turn clockwise for a finer grind and counterclockwise for a coarser grind.
- Flat burrs – As can be seen, it comes with 50 mm size, which is a great size for home use grinding.
- High rpm – This grinder has a faster spinning rate at 1600 rpm. The higher the speed, the faster the production, due to this it can increase efficiency and reduce wait times.
On demand dosing
- Programmable – To point out, the programing dial is located near the bottom right of the base. The higher the number, the longer the grind time.
- Adjustable – To clarify, the fork can slide up or down to accommodate most portafilters.
- Tinted – The bean hopper is tinted with the result that it helps to avoid pre-mature deterioration of beans from light sources (such as sunlight).
- Lid – Metal lid. Beautifully accents this already beautiful grinder.
- Stopper – A door near the bottom of the hopper can be pushed in to close the opening. For this purpose, it allows you to remove the hopper with beans inside so you can easily change the beans. There will be some beans already in the burrs which will have to grind out first before removing the hopper.
Grinds catch tray
- Removable: The tray locks onto the front foot of the grinder. As a result, it prevents it from sliding away when the grinder is operating.
Espresso Coffee Grinder Warnings:
- Changing grind settings: It is very important to only change grind settings when the unit is powered on and the burrs are in motion. If you do not do this, the burrs will ‘gunk’ up and render the grinder to only produce very coarse grinds or no grinds at all. To remedy this, you will have to open up the grinder to get access to the grinding burrs. This issue will be considered operator error for lack of following directions, and not be classified as a defective grinder.
- Electrical cord: The cord is placed between the packaging (foam or cardboard) and the underside body of the grinder. During shipping, it is normal for a bend or insignificant blemish/slice to damage the cord.
- Finding coffee grinds in a new grinder: We have confirmed that the manufacturer tests EVERY grinder with coffee beans before it leaves their facility. Unfortunately, they are not always able to get every trace of coffee out of the grinders after testing. As a result, you may find coffee beans or grinds inside your grinder, or there may be grinds in the packaging.
- Static issues: There are static issues with all grinders, even the highest-quality models. We firmly believe that the static comes from the coffee beans. If you are having static problems with your coffee grinder, try using a different blend of beans.
- Electrical: To avoid electrical damage (which is not considered a manufacturer’s defect), please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. A surge without protection can damage a grinder at the power switch, the capacitor, the motor, or the wiring.
- Burr cleaning: For routine maintenance of the grinding burrs, we recommend using grinder cleaning agents. We do not recommend any removal of the burrs or the burr carrier for cleaning (unless absolutely necessary) as re-assembly can cause damage.
- Replacing burrs: NEVER use a flathead screwdriver and hammer to wedge under the burrs for removal. This could badly damage your grinder.
- Grinder not running? If the grinder motor does not run when pressing in the front switch under the chute, please make sure the grinder is powered on. If the power switch is pressed in, please make sure the cord is plugged into the unit and the wall. Please double check the outlet for power with another appliance. Lastly, take the grinder adjustment out 2 full settings coarser and then test. If the setting is too fine, the burrs can lock up and the grinder will not power on.
- Adjustable fork: 4mm metric Hex key screw not included for adjustment.
- Holding pin: Contrary to the manual included with this grinder, Elektra no longer includes the holding pin in this stepless, worm gear adjustment grinder as the older version had a stepped adjustment that required the holding pin. The hole still exists for the pin on the body.
- Blue lens light: Although there is a blue lens to fill in a hole near the chute, Elektra had their supplier not put a working bulb under the blue lens.
110 – 120
|Burr size (mm), Type||
|Hopper capacity (grams)||
|Country of manufacture||