Elektra Mini Verticale Espresso Machine
The Elektra Mini Verticale is a gorgeous looking machine that shows beauty in the beholder! Standing at 27″ in height, this gleaming beauty can make espresso as good as she looks. The dual purpose, brass boiler can extract quality espresso in ‘coffee’ mode, and the brass boiler can provide adequate steaming capability for making cappuccino and latte beverages. As with any espresso machine, practice to espresso extraction and frothing are essential!
The power and coffee push buttons are on the left hand side, while the button to go to steam mode is on the right hand side. Once warmed up to steam mode, the steam knob on the right hand side can be turned to open the steam valve and allow steam to exit the steam wand for frothing/steaming milk.
- Removable drip tray and cover.
- Three way solenoid valve allows quick removal of portafilter after espresso extraction.
- Water reservoir can be removed by removing holding screw attached to bracket and reservoir.
- Finish: Body panels and dome/base with clear coat finish only needs to be wiped with a damp terry cloth.
- Accessories: One portafilter with bakelite handle and two spouts, one cup filter basket, two cup filter basket, plastic tamper, and plastic scoop.
Would you like to review our other home espresso machines? Then feel free to view the webpage!
For more Elektra equipment, please visit our Elektra brands
If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.
General Espresso Machine Warning:
- ELECTRICAL WARNING: To avoid electrical damage to this espresso machine which is not considered a manufacturer's defect, please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. the lack of the recommended surge suppressor, the espresso machine can be damaged at the power switch, the electronics, the heating element, the pressurstat or the wiring inside.
- WATER WARNING: To increase the useful life of and not damage your espresso machine, please use softened water. Softened water is water without calcium and without magnesium, but still has other minerals for espresso extraction. Do not use distilled water, purified water, nor reverse osmosis water as these types of water create oxidation with the metals and cause the same damaging effects as limescale.
- DESCALING WARNING: We do not recommend descaling unless there is an issue with the espresso machine. The reason is that too much descaling can eat away at the metals and gaskets inside an espresso machine.
Warning for Elektra Mini Verticale Espresso Machine:
- Note: This espresso machine is not approved for commercial use, and it does not have on-demand steam to quickly produce steamed/frothed milk quickly that is needed in a commercial environment
- Warning: Before plugging the machine’s electrical cord into the electrical outlet, please make sure the lightning labeled power switch is in the off green position. Fill the top water reservoir before powering on the machine via the power switch. It is important to depress and hold the coffee switch on the left side of the machine immediately after powering up the first time until a good flow of water comes out.
- Warning: After steaming each cup of milk, depress the steam switch off, and run water through the wand by depressing the coffee switch. Depress the coffee switch off when a steady stream of water exits the steam wand. This fills the internal boiler with water, and failure to refill the boiler can damage the machine.
- Single boiler system: The operation of this machine is similar to a Rancilio Silvia or Lelit Anna. There is a wait time going from coffee to steam.
- Environment: This machine is intended for home use only. It doesn't have the capacity, nor the approvals, for commercial use.
- Shipping: This machine must be shipped on a pallet via standard ground shipping. There is no express shipping available.
- Upon receiving: Elektra informed us that every one of their home machines is tested with water and coffee to insure there are no leaks under pressure and to insure proper operation when received by the customer. Although they clean each grouphead to the best of their ability, you may find some coffee grinds in the grouphead or on the machine when dislodged from the grouphead during shipping.
- Some assembly required: Eagle needs to be attached to dome with screw, washer, and extender. Please note that each eagle has its own distinction, meaning that they are not perfect from the mold. In fact, these eagles are hand made and plated, and each one is different - just like real eagles.
- Cup holding tray: Located under dome. Fits demitasse cups only. Although the tray offers some heat, we do not think any home espresso machine offers enough heat to properly warm up cups.
- Body finish:
- Elektra espresso machines feature a high polish finish, with materials ranging from chrome to copper to brass. Most parts are clear-coated. Special attention is required when cleaning.
- Hash products can eat away at the clear coat or even etch the chromed finish.
- Descaling solution can eat clean through plating.
- Paint remover can be used to remove the paint from copper and brass parts.
- Elektra uses varnish to paint the parts.
- The exterior color, which includes a clear coat finish, will naturally change as each each Elektra machine ages. This would not be covered under warranty as color changes are not considered manufacturer's defects.
- Please remember...
- It is best to shut off the machine if not being used within the hour.
- Always run water through steam wand after completion of every steaming session AND after every 2 cups of milk steamed (this latter one is to insure the heater in boiler is always submerged in water).
- Prices – Please note that we do not match prices outside of the USA. There are several reasons:a) Elektra does not handle the labor warranty, nor reimburses any labor costs to repair the machine under warranty. Essentially, there is no worldwide labor warranty by Elektra.b) the importer is responsible to provide the labor warranty at its own cost and they limit the labor warranty to the specific machines that are purchased through them through their authorized resellers, like ourselves.In other words, they have no warranty service, and when the machine does need service or parts, you need to contact them in Italy for assistance. They sell the machines very cheap because they provide no support to their customers – this is known as a discount retailer.c) Shipping – their shipping quote of $95 euros means they ship UPS or FedEx. This machine always damages with UPS and FedEx. The machines sold through the US importer are shipped on a pallet via a large freight truck. Although this costs significantly more than $95 euros, the machines always arrive intact and without damage.