The Chrome Mini Verticale is a gorgeous looking machine that shows beauty in the beholder! Standing at 27 in height, this gleaming beauty can make espresso as good as she looks. The dual purpose, brass boiler can extract quality espresso in ‘coffee’ mode, and the brass boiler can provide adequate steaming capability for making cappuccino and latte beverages. As with any espresso machine, practice to espresso extraction and frothing are essential!
The power and coffee push buttons are on the left hand side, while the button to go to steam mode is on the right hand side. Once warmed up to steam mode, the steam knob on the right hand side can be turned to open the steam valve and allow steam to exit the steam wand for frothing/steaming milk.
- Removable drip tray and cover.
- Three way solenoid valve allows quick removal of portafilter after espresso extraction.
- Water reservoir can be removed by removing holding screw attached to bracket and reservoir.
- Finish: Chrome plating with clear coat finish only needs to be wiped with a damp terry cloth.
- Accessories: One portafilter with bakelite handle and two spouts, one cup filter basket, two cup filter basket, plastic tamper, and plastic scoop.
- Measurements: 27″ H x 15″ W x 15″ D (base included as required for cord).
- Power: 1000 watts 110 volts 60 Hertz.
- Weight: 28.6 pounds.
- Water reservoir capacity: 2 liters.
- Assembly required: Eagle needs to be attached to dome with screw, washer, and extender. Please note that each eagle has its own distinction, meaning that they are not perfect from the mold. In fact, these eagles are hand made and plated, and each one is different – just like real eagles.
- Elektra informed us that every one of their home machines is tested with water and coffee to insure there are no leaks under pressure and to insure proper operation when received by the customer. Although they clean each grouphead to the best of their ability, you may find some coffee grinds in the grouphead or on the machine when dislodged from the grouphead during shipping.
- Cup holding tray under dome fits demitasse cups only – although the tray offers some heat, we do not think any home espresso machine offers enough heat to properly warm up cups.
- This machine is for home use only.
- Please remember…
- Descale the machine once a month – do not get solution on finish. If so, clean immediately, as it will damaged the finish of the copper/brass.
- It is best to shut off the machine if not being used within the hour.
- Always run water through steam wand after completion of every steaming session AND after every 2 cups of milk steamed (this latter one is to insure the heater in boiler is always submerged in water).
- Elektra espresso machines feature a high polish finish, with materials ranging from chrome to copper to brass. Most parts are clear-coated. Special attention is required when cleaning. Hash products can eat away at the clear coat or even etch the chromed finish. Descaling solution can eat clean through plating.