Bezzera Strega Switchable V2 TOP Espresso Machine
There are times when one wants the best espresso extraction without hesitating to what is involved to install a quality espresso machine and without hesitating to learn the skills needed to make it happen. Well, after setting up this machine, using the appropriate commercial grade grinder, and refining our skills, you, like we did, may see every other espresso machine as inadequate!
The reason is the flavor profiles offered by the Strega line are extraordinary!
We, at 1st-line, do sell coffee beans that we do not personally like, but our customers very much love. After experimenting with many different blends of coffee, we were amazed in the quality of the cup on the beans we normally do not like! This spoke volumes about the Strega.
The only downside was the lever requires some muscle! The lever is pushed down against a spring until the lever locks into position. After locking and after the bottom rim of the demitasse cup is covered with espresso, the lever needs to be disengaged from the locked position, and the spring will push the lever up. If the grind is too coarse, the lever will come up too fast. If there is no coffee in the basket or the portafilter is missing, this lever will snap upwards. We warn you that the lever can cause personal injury to your face or eye socket. BE CAREFUL NOT TO PLACE YOUR FACE IN FRONT OF THE LEVER AT ANY TIME!
- Double water supply / switchable: This machine can be operated with the tank / reservoir only or it can be plumbed directly to the water line. Our suggestion on initial usage, to avoid heating element damage, is to first operate the unit as a tank model.
- Vibration pump: Activated to refill boiler or when lever is brought into down, locked position for pre-infusion.
- Pressurstat: Monitor boiler’s steam pressure.
- Grouphead: Heated by a separate heating element to keep the temperature more stable.
- Stability: There are weights placed in the lower rear of the machine’s interior to keep it more stable while pulling it down on the lever.
- Hot water wand: Located on the right side. Multi-directional. Activated using joystick control.
- Steam wand: Located on the left side. Multi-directional and utilizes non-compression valve with a joystick control.
- Boiler pressure gauge: Indicates steam pressure in boiler.
- Drip tray: Made of stainless steel. Removable for manual cleaning. Optional drip tray to drain is available (order parts #12 through #17 in direct connect diagram).
- Accessories included: Single spout portafilter, double spout portafilter, 1-cup filter basket, 2-cup filter basket, handle for lever, stainless steel braided hose, grouphead cleaning brush, plastic tamper, and plastic measuring scoop.
Do you want to see our other home espresso machines? Then feel free to view the webpage!
For more Bezzera products, please visit our Bezzera brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.