Bezzera BZ16 DE HX Electronic Espresso Machine
Heat exchange system:
- Copper – The boiler is copper which retains heat better than stainless steel. Typically copper boilers are more susceptible to limescale when you compare to stainless steel boilers. Therefore, we highly recommend using a water softener.
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time – Steam is always readily available. Hence, there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode. Works well if entertaining a small group of people.
- On-demand dosing –
- Semi-automatic dosing –
- Efficient – 41 watts, rated up to 15 bar with air valve bypass. You only need 9 bar to extract perfect espresso, and wattage has no correlation to longevity.
- Cost effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
Tank / reservoir system:
- Particle filter – Protects the machine from any unseen particles from entering the boiler. You can remove this filter if you are installing an inline water softener.
- Auto-shut off – Prevents burning out the heating element. The water tank sits on a spring activated plate. Once the water is low, the plate depresses the tank microswitch which turns off the heating element.
Separate wands for steam and hot water:
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility. Each wand has a rubber grip which protects your fingers.
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- Rotational knobs – Allows for easier control of the intensity.
Separate pressure gauges:
- Brew (pump) pressure gauge – Located on the front lower left. Measures from 0 to 16 bar. Optimal pressure is between 8 and 10. You can find the over pressure valve inside left near the vibration pump.
- Steam (boiler) pressure gauge – Also located on the front lower left, to the right of the brew gauge. Measures from 0 to 3 bar. Optimal pressure is between 0.8 and 1.1. Regulated by a Mater pressurstat.
Separate indicator lights:
- Power indicator light – Located on the front lower right. This will indicate when the machine is on.
- Low water level light – Also located on the front lower right, underneath the power light. Indicates when water level in water tank / reservoir in rear is low.
- Stainless steel – Polished to a mirror finish.
- Portafilters – Single spout portafilter and a dual spout portafilter.
- Filter baskets –
- 1-cup filter basket with a run channel which holds approximately 8 grams.
- 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams.
- Blind filter basket which you use for backflushing. 58 mm in diameter.
- Tamper – A cheap plastic tamper. Manufacturers will normally include a tamper like this to keep the overall selling price of the machine low. We recommend upgrading to a better tamper.
- Cleaning brush – A simple brush for cleaning the grouphead. Ergonomically designed with an angle for easier usage.
- Coffee scoop – A simple plastic scoop if you are using preground coffee.
- Instruction manual – Available in 5 different languages: Italian, English, French, German, & Spanish.