The Virtuoso, is the first in a series of new grinders that boasts all-new upgraded components, higher performance and sleeker style. With the Virtuoso, it’s now easier than ever to make professional quality coffee, whether at home, the office, or your cafe. The Virtuoso has all of the winning features of the Maestro Plus. In addition, the use of commercial grade components makes the Virtuoso perfect for personal, semi-professional, or commercial applications.
A 40 mm commercial-grade conical burr was specially designed for accurate grind and long use. This specialized burr procedures very precise particle distribution in the ground coffee. The powerful, high torque, 480 watt DC motor grinds effortlessly, staying cool even during extended periods of grinding.
- Precise, commercial-quality burrs: Manufactured in Italy, the Virtuoso’s burrs are of the same material and durability as the industry’s highest-quality line of commercial conical burr coffee grinders. The burrs rotate slower than those of most grinders minimizing the heat in the beans, to preserve the flavor.
- Innovative burr calibration system: The range of grind and the accuracy of the settings is truly impressive. The Virtuoso has 40 distinct settings of grind from Espresso to French Press. An innovative calibration system allows all the manufacturing tolerances of the grinder to be eliminated, resulting in identical, accurate performance of each grinder. Furthermore the Virtuoso ring burr is supported on three points, providing a stable platform for a more accurate grind. Whether in commercial, semi-professional or personal applications, exact grind is imperative to a high-quality extraction and, therefore, a better cup of coffee!
- Superior anti-static: The Virtuoso boasts an enhanced anti-static design, which minimizes messy coffee dust. While no coffee grinder is completely dust-free, the Virtuoso sets a new standard for minimal dust in this class of coffee grinder.
- Efficient electric motor: The Virtuoso houses a powerful DC motor that produces more than four times the output of a standard AC motor, found in most grinders in this class. The motor spins at less than one-third the speed, making it much quieter and lower in pitch. Extremely well-made, the motor is built to handle long-duty cycles. In addition, it possesses a thermal safety device that protects the motor from overheating and automatically resets once the motor cools.
- Remarkable durability: The coffee powder is tightly controlled in the grinding chamber for trouble-free operation of the grinder.
- Attractive top casting: Primarily an aesthetic attribute, the additional weight of the top casting increases the stability of the grinder. It also provides further sound and vibration isolation making for a quieter, smoother-running coffee grinder. Altogether, the Virtuoso by Baratza is clearly in a class of its own, making your coffee experience ultimately more satisfying. We hope you enjoy!
- Easily adjustable burrs can be calibrated to ensure accurate grind range from espresso to French press in 40 separate settings.
- Nickel plated satin finish metal top and base lend quality look and feel.
- High efficiency motor is powerful and spins slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation.
- Burrs rotate at only 450 RPM, ensuring that the beans drop into the burrs without ‘hanging’ in the hopper.
- Special gear reduction to 600 RPM, along with new anti–static device insures extremely low static.
- Timer switch for repeatable grinding time.
- Front-mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind directly into an espresso brew basket.
- New concise design of grinding chamber reduces coffee dust, making the removable burrs easy to clean.
- New grounds bin that is easy to slide in/out.
- Newly designed rubber pulse button for perfect alignment with the micro switch and requiring minimal activation force.
- Newly designed gears for reliability and accurate grind.
- Quality crafted by small manufacturer in Taiwan.
For more Baratza products, please visit our Baratza brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.