VBM Domobar Super HX Rotary Pump Switchable Espresso Machine
This unit is the THE BOMB! VBM quality at its best! They upgraded their most reliable unit, the VBM Super HX with tank and vibration pump with the following features:
- Ability to use the internal water reservoir or directly plumb to the water line (manual lever under machine must be moved to appropriate water source desired).
- Ability to manually empty the drip tray or plumb in the drain for the drip tray (no extra parts or kits needed for the machine – all included).
- Rotary vane pump for quieter operation.
- Internal drainage to the drip tray allows operation without any water going to the internal reservoir in direct plumb mode. Other machines drain to the reservoir which needs to be emptied. This VBM model does not require constant emptying of the reservoir for the flow from the overpressure valve and prevents mold and mildew build up as the reservoir stays dry.
- Adjustment screw under water reservoir allows operation in direct plumb mode without having to switch any wires on the switch under the reservoir. No separate expensive switches to replace either.
- Valve on bottom rotates to change between water tank and direct plumbing modes.
- Heat kills electronics. The Gicar motherboard is loacted near the bottom of the unit as heat travels upward. Even on machines that have insulated boilers, there is still heat dissipation and build up inside the machine, and where does heat travel? Upwards! Where are the electronics on the machines you are looking at?
- Ease of self-repair? Look at the VBM! Three screws on each side the wraparound body panel and the insides can be accessed. Two screws each on the top and bottom of the water tank platform, and you have open access for self repair. VBM has designed one of the most easiest repairable machines with their Super HX series.
- True VBM E61 grouphead, which has its own VBM stamp, is one of the heaviest in its class and maintains active flow of water from the grouphead to the heat exchanger in the boiler. In addition, there is an internal restrictor to lessen the overheating of the grouphead, which is found on many E61 grouphead machines.
- The heat exchanger allows you to make espresso after espresso until water reservoir is emptied and steam milk at the same time because of the large boiler which also adds to more temperature stability over smaller boilers.
- Professional grade brass portafilters – one portafilter with single spout and single filter basket and one portafilter with dual spout and double filter basket.
- Removable 2.1 liter pour-over water reservoir.
- Boiler pressure gauge to indicate boiler pressure (reading will vary between .8 and 1.2 bar pressure). The setting can be varied by adjusting the full size pressurestat through the access port under the cup warmer tray on top of machine.
- Pump pressure gauge to indicate brew pressure during espresso extraction (reading will vary while not extracting which is normal).
- Multi-directional stainless steel steam wand on left side can be moved in different directions.
- Multi-directional stainless steel hot water tap on right side can be moved in different directions.
- Steam wand is a pro-grade steam wand – this means there is no silicone inside to slow the thoroughput of the steam that exits AND there is no odors that sometimes eminate from the silicone inside a no-burn steam wand. In addition, one can still burn their hand or fingers if one holds a no-burn steam wands for mroe than 5 consecutive seconds while steaming.
- Power indicator light on right side indicates when the machine is powered on.
- Heating light on left side indicates when espresso machine is heating.
- Low water level light in middle indicates when water level in water reservoir in rear is low.
- Three stage power switch allows user to fill internal boiler without sending power to the heating element (prevents damage upon initial start up).
- Full size Parker pressurestat (rated as one of the best boiler pressure regulators) monitors boiler pressure – although you may hear a little clicking sound when the pressurstat turns on and off, the reliability ofr useful life is greater than a PID display which is subject to internal heat build up.
- Extremely large stainless steel drip tray which can be easily (slides out with pull of handle) removed for cleaning. Grate stays on machine when pulling out drip tray so that it is one step to empty.
- GICAR branded electronic water level control for internal boiler is located in lower right rear corner of machine where there is least heat build up – this improves reliability.
- Largest OPV (over pressure valve opens when too much pump pressure exists) located in rear of machine with easy access when body panel and six (6) associated screws are removed.
- Accessories: Single spout portafilter, single dose filter basket, double spout portafilter, double dose filter basket, plastic coffee scoop, and a common useless plastic tamper (please make sure to order a good tamper).