Lelit PL41PLUST Glenda PID Espresso & Cappuccino Machine
The Lelit PL41PLUST Glenda espresso and cappuccino is another beauty in the Lelit line. She is the older sister to the popular Anna model, and they are very similar. Additionally, the controls are the same since they use rocker style switches. Also, the PID controls are available as well as the multi-directional wand.
The main difference between the Lelit PL41PLUST Glenda espresso machine and the PL41TEM110 Anna espresso machine is the grouphead and boiler size. Glenda has a commercal grade 58mm grouphead. Thus, this helps to provide better temperature stability for making espresso. The Glenda boiler is also slightly larger to allow for greater temperature stability and more steaming capacity. The high wattage heating element keeps wait times low when warming up or switching to steam mode.
Single boiler, dual-purpose system:
- Brass – The 300 ml boiler helps maintain a constant water temperature for better espresso coffee extraction.
- High wattage heating element – 1200 watt heating element for fast reaction time when cold water enters the boiler and quick warm-up times.
- Security thermostat and security valve – Made for better pressure control.
- Three-way solenoid valve – Allows for immediate removal of the portafilter right after the espresso extraction (or when the pump switch in coffee mode is turned off).
- PID display – Allows you to program the temperature of the boiler for different coffee bean blends. It also allows programming of C or F temperature scales as well as the P, I, and D settings. There is also the ability to reset the PID to the factory settings.
- Multi-purpose – Used for both steam or hot water depending on the current mode choice.
- Multi-directional – Allows you to make creamy cappuccinos. Can extend out on the right side if you are using large cups.
- Very short wait time – The small boiler and high wattage heating element, combined with the PID controller, cut the wait time from coffee to steam considerably.
- Polymer tubing – The tubing that connects the boiler to steam / hot water valves are sustaining. They can resist high pressure & high temperatures up to 620 °F, facilitate easier repairs, and are limescale free.
- Single hole steam tip makes life easier for frothing and steaming
- Stainless steel body and frame – Polished to a mirror finish and rust-resistant.
- Water tank visibility – There is an opening on the left side of the machine that allows you to see the water level. This is a lot easier than opening the top cover to peek in.
- Drip tray – The tray is made of plastic. The cover is made of stainless steel. Both are removable for easy cleaning.
- Power switch – Located on the left side of the unit. Easy to reach than in the back on the Anna model.
- Three-way switch – Located on the front middle of the unit. This selects between the different modes. The up position is for steam mode. The middle is hot water mode. The down is coffee mode.
- Pump switch – Located on the front left of the unit. This activates the pump for coffee or hot water when you lift up.
- Steam / water knob – Located on the right of the espresso machine. Allows you to control the intensity of the steam or water output. Turn counterclockwise to open or clockwise to close.
- Portafilters – Dual spout portafilter. Commercial grade. 58mm in diameter.
- Filter baskets – 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams.
- Tamper – A cheap plastic tamper. Manufacturers will normally include a tamper like this to keep the overall selling price of the machine low. We recommend upgrading to a better tamper.
- Coffee scoop – A simple plastic scoop if you are using pre-ground coffee. We like using the handle to level the ground espresso coffee in the basket.
- Instructional manual – Written in 5 languages: Italian, English, French, German, and Russian. This manual includes information on how to use, as well as maintenance like backflushing & descaling.
For more Lelit equipment, please visit our Lelit brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.