BILT In Tank Rechargeable Water Softener / Particle Filter
This is a small insurance price to pay! Softens your water so that less limescale is built up inside your espresso machine – this is very important for semi-commercial machines with heat exchangers as well as many other electric pump-driven espresso machines.
- Resins are rechargeable for up to 6 months – recommended to recharge at least twice a month with salt OR every 24 liters of water., whichever is sooner.
- Replace the unit every 6 months to avoid mold, fungal, and/or bacteria buildup. Replace sooner if the unit does not allow water to flow through after a recharge and after confirming the electrical pump does intake water through the hose without the softener
- Can be used in all pump model espresso machines that have a water intake tube in the espresso machine’s reservoir.
- This can not be used in espresso machines with direct water/plumbed in connections or where there is a bottom feed of water from the reservoir (meaning water exits through the bottom).
- Measurements (approximate and subject to slightly change without notice): H 4 1/8″ x W 1 3/4″
- Canister Height: Approximately 2 inches and extension about 1 inch.
- For Rancilio Silvia’s, the connection is loose. You can use a tie wrap to secure it to the hose. As an alternative, you can use the Lelit water softener (MC747).
- The resins expand after getting wet.
- Instructions are available with purchase (please email when you receive it or request it during checkout in the comment section).
- Warning: Upon receipt and use, please make sure that the canister does not leak resins. Sometimes screen breaks or moves during shipping (even after being well packed), and resins will fall out).
- Please note that water softeners are not returnable under our return policy.
The water softener must be inspected for damage and regenerated with salt prior to use.
- Replaces NE454 NE.454
- Replaces 7374012 Bezzera Water Softener – BZ02 & BZ07