The Sette 30 is a budget-friendly, entry-level espresso, suitable for basic and advanced espresso machines. Perfected in Liechtenstein over a period of 8 years, the technology used in Baratza’s Sette line sets a new standard in simplicity, efficiency, and durability. Baratza’s revolutionary design has the outer burr rotate and the inner burr is fixed. The design of this mechanism doubles the efficiency of similarly sized grinders. Coffee passes straight through the grinder and drops directly into the grounds bin or your portafilter.
The Sette 30 offers 31 macro steps of adjustment. Using AP burrs, the same design for the Sette 270/270W grinders, the Sette 30 produces an exceptional espresso grind. It also works well while grinding for manual brewing methods that require a finer grind (i.e. AeroPress and Hario V60). (Please note, this release is a shift in Baratza’s approach from their initial offering of the Sette 30 as a brew grinder-details here) The Sette 30 has a stationary device holder that allows you to remove and re-orient the arms to grind directly into the supplied grounds bin or a portafilter.
- Gear box: 19:1 speed reduction, thanks to a combination patented crown gear drive system and a planetary gear box.
- Burrs: 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee beans at 3.5 – 5.5 g/sec, depending on your grind setting. Manufactured in Lichenstein, these burrs can do a very uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding range. These conical burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years. The mechanism provides for precision burr alignment ensuring accurate grinding.
- Digital control panel: User friendly The front mounted control panel with backlit LED display is user friendly. Three programmable buttons allow for grind time setting within 0.1 second. Simply press the start button and the Sette automatically delivers precise dosing.
- Grinding adjustment: 31 macro grind settings, ranging espresso to manual brew. The macro mechanism is directly connected to the cone burr resulting in immediate and true grind adjustment.
- Convertible device holder: Allows you to grind either directly into your portafilter, the included coffee grounds bin, or other brewing devices like a Hario, Clever, Able Kone. The included coffee grounds bin is made from an anti-static plastic, with a molded spout for easy pouring into your preferred brewing device. The portaholder can accommodate any size of portafilter and includes an integrated hook for stability.
- Hopper: 300 gram capacity of coffee beans. Bean shutoff feature in the collar makes for a no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out your coffee beans.
- Minimal retention: Maximized freshness by minimizing any excess ground coffee remaining in the grinder.
- Brewing methods: Wide range of brewing methods, from espresso to manual brew.
- Motor: Powerful, high torque DC motor. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- Dimensions: Small footprint of a design just like the other Baratza models. Fits under standard kitchen cabinets.
- Cleaning: No extra tools are necessary to remove the burrs.