Baratza Sette 270Wi Weight Coffee Grinder
For 2018, here comes the Baratza Sette 270Wi, bringing improvements to the already great Sette270W, winner of Best New Product of 2016. The "i" in 270Wi stands for intelligence! Partnering with Acaia to create intuitive and accurate weighing and adjustment capabilities, this slim grinder continues to push the envelope of what a home grinder can do.
Intelligent weight-based dosing and adjusting:
Acaia's weighing technology gives this grinder precise and accurate weight-based dosing, with the revolutionary ability to grind by weight directly into a portafilter. In addition to its weight-based dosing, the Baratza Sette 270Wi comes:
- Bluetooth capabilities designed to monitor, log and track grind sessions, weights and settings.
- New! Now the 270Wi's can calculate and predicts the stop point when you change your grind setting, beans, or dose weight. This eliminates the need to adjust the offset.
- New! A "quick burst" (pulse) feature allows you to add small increments of coffee to your final dose after the grinder has stopped.
- New! 270Wi maximizes its built-in Acaia high precision scale by filtering unpredicted vibrations that could affect weighing accuracy, such as door closures, footsteps, and unsteady surfaces.
Future software updates will be available wirelessly via integrated Bluetooth using IOS or Android phones.
Innovative Straight-thru design:
Vertical transports and grinding of the beans from the hopper, directly through the burrs into the portafilter (highly efficient and results in minimal residual coffee in the system).
40 mm conical burrs grind coffee beans at 3.5 - 5.5 g/sec, depending on your grind setting. Manufactured in Lichenstein, these burrs can do a very uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding range. These conical burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years. The mechanism provides for precision burr alignment ensuring accurate grinding.
270 total grind settings (30 macro, 9 micro), ranging from espresso to manual brew. A stepless micro adjust with 9 indicators, allows the user to accurately dial in a perfect espresso. The macro/micro mechanism is directly connected to the cone burr resulting in immediate and true grind adjustment.
Digital control panel:
User friendly The front-mounted control panel with backlit LED display is user friendly. Three programmable buttons allow for grind time setting within 0.1 seconds. Simply press the start button and the Sette automatically delivers precise dosing.
Convertible device holder:
Allows you to grind either directly into your portafilter, the included coffee grounds bin, or other brewing devices like a Hario, Clever, Able Kone, or Aeropress Coffeemakers. The included coffee grounds bin is made from an anti-static plastic, with a molded spout for easy pouring into your preferred brewing device. The portaholder can accommodate any size of portafilter and includes an integrated hook for stability.
10 ounce capacity of coffee beans. The Bean shutoff feature in the collar makes for a no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out your coffee beans.
Maximized freshness by minimizing any excess ground coffee remaining in the grinder.
Wide range of brewing methods, from espresso to manual brew.
Powerful, high torque DC motor. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
Small footprint of a design just like the other Baratza models. Fits under standard kitchen cabinets.
No extra tools are necessary to remove the burrs.
Recent versions of the Sette 270W are upward compatible with the Sette 270Wi, by purchasing and installing the new 270Wi Display panel and then updating the software via an Acaia App.
110 – 120
|Burr size (mm), Type||
|Hopper capacity (grams)||
|Country of manufacture||
Designed & Engineered in Seattle, WA, USA
CE, CSA, EK, UL
- Some of our customers are finding that this grinder doesn't produce a good grind for Chemex or French press brewers.
Espresso Coffee Grinder Warnings:
- Changing grind settings: It is very important to only change grind settings when the unit is powered on and the burrs are in motion. If you do not do this, the burrs will ‘gunk’ up and render the grinder to only produce very coarse grinds or no grinds at all. To remedy this, you will have to open up the grinder to get access to the grinding burrs. This issue will be considered operator error for lack of following directions, and not be classified as a defective grinder.
- Electrical cord: The cord is placed between the packaging (foam or cardboard) and the underside body of the grinder. During shipping, it is normal for a bend or insignificant blemish/slice to damage the cord.
- Finding coffee grinds in a new grinder: We have confirmed that the manufacturer tests EVERY grinder with coffee beans before it leaves their facility. Unfortunately, they are not always able to get every trace of coffee out of the grinders after testing. As a result, you may find coffee beans or grinds inside your grinder, or there may be grinds in the packaging.
- Static issues: There are static issues with all grinders, even the highest-quality models. We firmly believe that the static comes from the coffee beans. If you are having static problems with your coffee grinder, try using a different blend of beans.
- Electrical: To avoid electrical damage (which is not considered a manufacturer’s defect), please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. A surge without protection can damage a grinder at the power switch, the capacitor, the motor, or the wiring.
- Burr cleaning: For routine maintenance of the grinding burrs, we recommend using grinder cleaning agents. We do not recommend any removal of the burrs or the burr carrier for cleaning (unless absolutely necessary) as re-assembly can cause damage.
- Replacing burrs: NEVER use a flathead screwdriver and hammer to wedge under the burrs for removal. This could badly damage your grinder.