For 2018, Baratza is introducing the Sette270Wi, bringing improvements to the already great Sette270W, winner of Best New Product of 2016. The “i” in 270Wi stands for intelligence! Partnering with Acaia to create intuitive and accurate weighing and adjustment capabilities, this slim grinder continues to push the envelope of what a home grinder can do.
- Intelligent weight-based dosing and adjusting: Acaia’s weighing technology gives this grinder precise and accurate weight based dosing, with the revolutionary ability to grind by weight directly into a portafilter. In in addition to it’s weight-based dosing, the Sette 270 Wi comes:
- Bluetooth capabilities designed to monitor, log and track grind sessions, weights and settings.
- New! Now the 270Wi’s can calculates and predicts the stop point when you change your grind setting, beans, or dose weight. This eliminates the need to adjust the offset.
- New! A “quick burst” (pulse) feature allows you to add small increments of coffee to your final dose after the grinder has stopped.
- New! 270Wi maximizes its built-in Acaia high precision scale by filtering unpredicted vibrations that could affect weighing accuracy, such as door closures, footsteps, unsteady surfaces.
Future software updates will be available wirelessly via the integrated Bluetooth using IOS or Android phones.
- Innovative Straight-thru design: vertical transports and grinding of the beans from the hopper, directly through the burrs into the portafilter (highly efficient and results in minimal residual coffee in the system).
- Burrs: 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee beans at 3.5 – 5.5 g/sec, depending on your grind setting. Manufactured in Lichenstein, these burrs can do a very uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding range. These conical burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years. The mechanism provides for precision burr alignment ensuring accurate grinding.
- Grinding adjustment: 270 total grind settings (30 macro, 9 micro), ranging from espresso to manual brew. A stepless micro adjust with 9 indicators, allows the user to accurately dial in a perfect espresso. The macro/micro mechanism is directly connected to the cone burr resulting in immediate and true grind adjustment.
- Digital control panel: User friendly The front mounted control panel with backlit LED display is user friendly. Three programmable buttons allow for grind time setting within 0.1 second. Simply press the start button and the Sette automatically delivers precise dosing.
- Convertible device holder: Allows you to grind either directly into your portafilter, the included coffee grounds bin, or other brewing devices like a Hario, Clever, Able Kone, or Aeropress Coffeemakers. The included coffee grounds bin is made from an anti-static plastic, with a molded spout for easy pouring into your preferred brewing device. The portaholder can accommodate any size of portafilter and includes an integrated hook for stability.
- Hopper: 10 ounce capacity of coffee beans. Bean shutoff feature in the collar makes for a no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out your coffee beans.
- Minimal retention: Maximized freshness by minimizing any excess ground coffee remaining in the grinder.
- Brewing methods: Wide range of brewing methods, from espresso to manual brew.
- Motor: Powerful, high torque DC motor. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- Dimensions: Small footprint of a design just like the other Baratza models. Fits under standard kitchen cabinets.
- Cleaning: No extra tools are necessary to remove the burrs.
Recent versions of the Sette 270W are upward compatible to the Sette 270Wi, by purchasing and installing the new 270Wi Display panel and then updating the software via an Acaia App.