Ascaso DVA Water Softener – 8 liter, with bypass
Better than our original water softener as this unit has a one multi-step valve for use, recharge, discharge, etc. Although you may have soft water in your locale, it is still a good idea to install a water softener for even the slightest of calcium/lime deposits that can accumulate in your commercial espresso machine.
Our water softener is the best in the industry because,
- it is rechargeable with salt and the unit does not need a filter cartridge replacement, and
- recharging with salt, which can be picked up at a local hardware or plumbing supply house for a few dollars, is cheaper than replacing other filter-type water softeners which create more landfill waste.
- 1 steel AISI 304 cylinder holding 8 liters – IV8.
- 5.6 liters of cation-exchange resins adapt for softening.
- 1 instruction manual.
- 1 unloading pipe.
- Coffee machines.
- Convection ovens.
- Diameter: 19 cm.
- Width: 28 cm.
- Height: 40 cm.
- Weight: 8 kilograms.
- Supply water pressure: 1 bar (minimum) – 8 bar (maximum).
- Maximum flow rate (recommended): 1000 liters / hour.
- Room temperature: 6 °C (minimum) – 25 °C (maximum).
- Water network connections: 3/4″, 3/8″ (fast connections).
- Salt content per regeneration: 1 kilogram.
Supply water characteristics:
- Drinking water.
- Temperature: 8 °C (minimum) – 25 °C (maximum).
- Crystal-clear water (SDI 1).
- Maximum hardness: 90 °F.
Liters of softened water amount according to its hardness:
Water hardness 20 °F
200 ppm CaCO3
300 ppm CaCO3
400 ppm CaCO3
500 ppm CaCO3
600 ppm CaCO3
Softened water amount 1680 1120 840 672 560
Cycle capacity: 39 m│ / °f
- NOTE: All equipment, including but not limited to espresso machines, water softeners, filters, and hoses have the potential for leaking when directly plumbed to a water source (well water, city water, etc). Please properly install water leakage equipment to shut off the water supply if any leakage occurs. Leakage can occur from lack of proper maintenance and/or too high water line pressure. 1st-line Equipment is not responsible for any loss, incidental or consequential damages from water leakage.
- Inlet is on right side of valve, and output to espresso machine is on left side of valve.
- Requirements: 3/8″ F thread, additional 7″ of height clearance to remove top cover and add salt for recharge, and additional 4″ froth width clearance to attach inbound and outbound water lines.
- Stainless Steel braided hose are not included with water softener.
- Drain hose (approximately 4 feet) to remove salty water during recharge is included.
- Both input and output ports can have 10 mm outside diameter high pressure hose directly connected.
- Two adapters can have their 10 mm side inserted into the input/output sections of the multi-valve, and then the optional braided hoses can be attached to the other end of each adapter.
- Accessories: one page instruction, one drain hose, and 10 mm 3/8th two adapters.
- Stainless steel braided hoses are available. The stainless steel braided hose from the machine connects to one adapter, and you can connect any tubing 3/8″ NPT cross threaded to the other adapter after you apply thread seal tape on it.
- Water line installation: A plumber should install the following on the inbound water line: manual shut off valve, check valve or back flow preventer, and a water pressure regulator valve.
- Water softener must be inspected for damage and regenerated with salt prior to use.
- Please be aware, most espresso machine manufacturers will void their limited warranties if an espresso machine is not installed with a water softener and recharged accordingly.
- Due to different regulatory requirements, please note this water softener is not approved for commercial use in the following states: California, Wisconsin.
- Directions: After unpacking, make sure the water softener has not been damaged. Please keep all items away from children. Only COLD potable water may be used through this softener. This softener is only to be utilized in areas where the room temperature is greater than 37 degrees Fahrenheit. The internal resins should never be removed.The water inlet pipe is connected on the threaded tube on the right side of the water softener. The drain discharge hose is the connection behind the inlet pipe thread. The outlet pipe to the espresso machine is on the left side.During operation, the valve shall remain in position 1. For the correct operation of the internal resin and for top performance, rinse the internals by moving the valve to position 4 until the water to the drain becomes clear. In the event no water has passed through the softener for 48 hours, this rinse should occur.The interval schedule for regeneration is based on your water hardness. We normally recommend regeneration 1-2 times per month.
- Regeneration: Turn the valve counter-clockwise to position 2. Take the top cap off by lifting the lever (or by unscrewing slowly the top knob). Pour in 1 kilogram water softening salt. Remove all salt and salt residues from the gasket for the top cover. Place the top cap properly back into position and tighten. Make sure to clean the seal from salt. Insure that a vinyl drain hose is connect to the drain pipe on the right side of the water softener (has barb fitting).Turn the valve counterclockwise to position 3. Let water drain for at least 40 minutes or until salt water can no longer be tasted from the drain hose (whichever is later). The machine can NOT be operated while the valve is in this position.Turn the valve counterclockwise to position 4 for 30 seconds – please note that there is no water going to the espresso machine in this position. Please make sure the espresso machine is not being used. Turn the valve counterclockwise to position 1 to allow the water to be softened.