1st-line 50890E E61 Bottomless Portafilter w/ Ergonomic Handle, 3-Cup Basket, ~6.35mm Lips
1st-line’s very own E61 Bottomless portafilter is STRICTLY for the ORIGINAL FAEMA and CASADIO E61 groupheads. It will not fit the other E61 groupheads.
Also known as a naked portafilter. Similar to our other popular bottomless portafilter, except this one has an ergonomic angled handle.
In addition, our bottomless portafilters have true size 3 cup filter baskets unlike any other that can hold up to 21 grams of ground coffee (and has a diameter of 59mm).
Has a max lip thickness of ~6.2mm (~.50 max lip differential)
This portafilter will fit and work with most espresso machine models that have an E61 grouphead. However, the design will make a very tight fit with most E61 groupheads we tested. It will not always get to the 6 o’clock position. At best, when new, it will get to about 7 o’clock when facing the grouphead.
- Our E61 Bottomless Portafilter is made naked first, then gets chrome plated for a full beautiful finish. We are not responsible if the manufacturer of your espresso machine makes a change to your espresso machine and the portafilter does not fit.
- Although this portafilter may “fit” a grouphead it doesn’t mean it will be “compatible
- Just because this item comes with a 3 cup basket does not mean you must pull 3 shots every time you use it. You may also pull a single or double shot for more crema and a concentrated flavor profile, but you still MUST fill the basket as intended. Alternatively, you may use this handle with a 58mm one or two cup basket.
- Our new stock no longer includes the end cap at the end of the handle.
- In many cases, when using this portafilter, customers have to coarsen the fineness of their grind when moving from a single or double dose. The reason is that this E61 bottomless portafilter has a bigger basket. It usually holds more coffee than your original portafilter. When leaving the same fineness of grind, the end result can either be:
- no pour,
- a very slow pour, or
- leakage around the grouphead area.