20th Anniversary Rancilio Silvia in Black Stainless Steel
We have been carrying the Rancilio Miss Silvia espresso machines since it first launched in 1998, and this 20th anniversary edition is available now! Fortunately, in 2005, we had the luxury of meeting Miss Silvia Rancilio in person in Milan.
- The Rancilio Silvia 20 espresso machine has a new insulated boiler design with a stainless steel heating element inside.
- The Rancilio Silvia now has a plastic guide around the steam wand knob so the metal body does not cut into the knob.
- Over Pressure valve (OPV) is now adjustable on our Silvia’s. You can adjust the amount of excess water pressure by bringing out the OPV and tightening the nut. We recommend doing this with the V512 pressure gauge.
- To avoid burning oneself, our Silvia’s are equipped with a rubber protector on the steam wand.
- The boiler, grouphead, steam nozzle, steam valve, and chrome filter holder are constructed of press forged marine brass.
- Three thermostats – coffee, steam, & safety – unlike many other espresso machines which just have two thermostats! Please note the coffee thermostat is not adjustable – this means that if you want to change the temperature of the machine, you will need to change to a higher temeprature thermostat.
- The three way solenoid valve opens after you depress the coffee switch to stop brewing. It allows the excess water pressure in the grouphead and portafilter to exit to the drip tray. This is why you may sometimes find water in the drip tray after brewing.
- Powerful 41 watt vibration Ulka pump.
- Visible heating light for brewing and steaming.
- Separate switch for hot water supply. Steam knob needs to be in the open position for water to come out of steam wand.
- Body and control panel made of beautiful satin stainless steel finish which is easy to clean and mounted on a strong, iron frame.
- Accessories: chrome-plated, commercial-sized portafilter, 1-cup and 2-cup filter baskets, coffee measure scoop, and coffee tamper.