The smallest of Ascaso’s coffee grinders, designed and created to be the perfect match for Ascaso home model espresso machines. Its size does not compromise its professional features, being a good option not only for home but for small professional establishments that work with different varieties of coffee (regular and decaffeinated).
This model, in its polished aluminum finish was selected by the Ambiente Trend Forum in Frankfurt as a trendy representative of coffee grinders in its section “Clean & Pure.” This clean & pure concept is enhanced by the use of the manually polished aluminum. It is presented in 2 finishes and 3 different colors.
As of September 5, 2011, the grinder includes a filterholder guide – these are 2 small rods that help guide the portafilter. We do not suggest removing the rods as the holding nuts inside the unit will dislodge and may be difficult to put back into place. Please note the guides are a guide and they do not hold the portafilter in place. the portafilter must still be held to push in the grinder activation button.
WARNING: Due to portafilter design, shape, and/or sizing, the following espresso machines and equipment brands are not compatible with this grinder:
All Gaggia, All Krups, All Delonghi, All Braun, All Mr. Coffee, All Cuisinart and Elektra (Microcasa A Leva only)
- Professional blades: Plastic grinding group and a conical (cone shaped) grinding wheel (conical steel burrs).
- Unbreakable coffee bean hopper: Made of clear shatter resistant plastic and topped with a plastic lid.
- Micrometric Regulation System (MRS): AKA stepless adjustment. Controls the quality and consistency of the grinds. Allows for unmatched, precise adjustments to the grind setting, which is critical for espresso grinding.
- Doserless: Features a coffee chute which funnels the freshly ground coffee from the grinding chamber directly into a portafilter for your espresso machine or into a coffee filter for drip coffee.
- High quality of the materials and components: Made of aluminum.
- Easy to clean: One important and often overlooked task required of owning a good coffee grinder is routine cleaning. To clean, just remove the coffee bean hopper and cover to expose the grinding chamber. All their components are designed for a great durability and low maintenance.