Ascaso I-2 Doserless Conical Burr Stepless Espresso Coffee Grinder
Ascaso has developed 4 professional versions and designs of this grinder: combination of flat burrs or conic burrs, doser or doserless. The most convenient option may be chosen according to your grinding requirements. Moreover, all grinders include the MRS (Micrometic Regulation System). This enables to adjust your grinding setting from zero to infinite depending on the type of coffee you wish to make: espresso, long black coffee, french press, Turkish coffee, etc. This is the Ascaso I-2 Doserless Conical Burr version.
WARNING: Due to portafilter design, shape, and/or sizing, the following espresso machines and equipment brands are not compatible with this grinder:
All Gaggia, All Krups, All Delonghi, All Braun, All Mr. Coffee, All Cuisinart and Elektra (Microcasa A Leva only)
This grinder pairs well with different ascaso espresso machines. This one pairs well with ascaso espresso machines that we sell on Sidewalk Sale. Such as the Ascaso Duo Steel Versatile Espresso Machine.
Brass grinding group with a flat grinding wheel system (flat steel burrs).
Unbreakble coffee bean hopper
Made of clear shatter resistant plastic and topped with a plastic lid. There is no need to constantly refill the grinder. It will hold enough beans to brew approximately 90 shots of espresso.
Micrometric Regulation System (MRS)
AKA stepless adjustment. Controls the quality and consistency of the grinds. Allows for unmatched, precise adjustments to the grind setting, which is critical for espresso grinding.
Features a coffee chute which funnels the freshly ground coffee from the grinding chamber directly into a portafilter for your espresso machine or into a coffee filter for drip coffee.
High quality of the materials and components
Made of aluminum.
Easy cleaning and maintenance.
Easy to clean
One important and often overlooked task required of owning a good coffee grinder is routine cleaning. To clean, just remove the coffee bean hopper and cover to expose the grinding chamber. All their components are designed for a great durability and low maintenance.
Espresso Coffee Grinder Warnings:
- Changing grind settings: It is very important to only change grind settings when the unit is powered on and the burrs are in motion. If you do not do this, the burrs will ‘gunk’ up and render the grinder to only produce very coarse grinds or no grinds at all. To remedy this, you will have to open up the grinder to get access to the grinding burrs. This issue will be considered operator error for lack of following directions, and not be classified as a defective grinder.
- Electrical cord: For most grinders, the cord is placed between the packaging (foam or cardboard) and the underside body of the grinder. During shipping, it is normal for a bend or insignificant blemish/slice to damage the cord.
- Finding coffee grinds in a new grinder: Most manufacturers test their grinders with coffee beans before they leave their facility. Unfortunately, they are not always able to get every trace of coffee out of the grinders after testing. As a result, you may find coffee beans or grinds inside your grinder, or there may be grinds in the packaging.
- Static issues: There are static issues with all grinders, even the highest-quality models. We firmly believe that the static comes from the coffee beans. If you are having static problems with your coffee grinder, try using a different blend of beans.
- Electrical: To avoid electrical damage (which is not considered a manufacturer’s defect), please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. A surge without protection can damage a grinder at the power switch, the capacitor, the motor, or the wiring.
- Burr cleaning: For routine maintenance of the grinding burrs, we recommend using grinder cleaning agents. We do not recommend any removal of the burrs or the burr carrier for cleaning (unless necessary) as re-assembly can cause damage.
- Replacing burrs: NEVER use a flathead screwdriver and hammer to wedge under the burrs for removal. This could badly damage your grinder.
- The Ascaso espresso coffee grinder is mainly suited for grinding for espresso only. We will not accept returns if you purchase this grinder for other coffee brewing methods. It can take between 3-5 minutes to turn the stepless adjustment knob to change settings from french press to espresso grind. We will not accept a return under our return policy if this grinder was used to grind other types of food products (i.e. spices, paper, etc) as some previous customers have tried to do.
- The doser cannot be removed on doser versions.
- Power of machine is turned off by a manual switch (not timer).
- The bean hopper requires a little force and shimmying to get the aforementioned height. If the user only places the bean hopper into the grinding chamber without pushing, the unit height will be up to 17".
- A lower profile bean hopper (SKU: MI110) is available for this grinder. The height would lowered by approximately 1.5 inches. Please note the low profile bean hopper is only available as an option as we can not switch out original parts.
110 – 120
|Burr size (mm), Type
|Grinding speed (RPM)
|Hopper capacity (grams)
|Country of manufacture