SIDEWALK SALE – Orchestrale Nota Heat Exchange Commercial Espresso Machine – Black Side Panels
The Nota in stainless steel is Orchestrale’s entry level commercial grade machine for the home. At first, when we were evaluating the sample model, we just thought of another E61 grouphead espresso machine with a heat exchanger. However, after placing the sample in our showroom and using it for training and demonstrating, we as well as our customers learned a few things.
First and foremost, no matter which espresso blend we used, the notes of the flavor profile were spectacular! Now, we know know why this machine was called the Nota! Compared to many other competitive E61 grouphead heat exchanger espresso machines, we figured out why. Even without any PID temperature controller, the machines larger boiler, with a specific sized restrictor in the thermosyphon loop, contributed to a more stable temperature profile, but at the same time, the variation in temperature would contribute to a superior extraction.
This leads us to steaming power. With a three (3) liter boiler, this machine has plenty of power in the steaming department. In fact, we used the sample machine for training in-house as well as new customers. We feel the espresso extractions coming out of this unit in a double blind taste test would compete well in scoring with any double boiler machine.
After a visit from the folks at Orchestrale in October, 2014, our complete evaluation of the sample unit (at the end of January 2015), and our suggestions for improvements genuinely accepted by Orchestrale, we decided to move forward with ordering stock from Italy.
The satin stainless finish complements most kitchens that have stainless steel appliances. It is also easier to clean compared to polished.
- E61 grouphead – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot.
- Boiler pressure gauge: Indicates steam boiler pressure. Measures from 0 – 3 bar.
- Pump pressure gauge: Indicates brew pressure during espresso extraction. Measures from 0 – 16 bar. Please note that the only time this gauge should be looked at is when extracting espresso. At all other times, the reading is irrelevant.
- Multi-directional steam wand and hot water wand: Allows for more flexibility. The wands are not insulated and thus provided faster steaming/frothing of milk over ‘no-burn’ steam wands.
- Three way manual solenoid valve: Allows quick removal of portafilter after espresso extraction.
- Satin-finished stainless steel frame and body panels
- Green power light
- Removable water reservoir
- High-grade overpressure valve allows excess water pressure to drip tray
- Commercial grade rotary pump and motor
- 3 liter copper boiler
- Measurements: 17.75″ H x 14.5″ W x 18″ D (45 cm H x 37 cm W x 46 cm D).
- Weight: ~66 pounds (30 kilograms).
- Power: 1500 watts, 120 volts, 60 hertz.
- Boiler capacity: 3 liters.
- Water tank capacity: