Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Center
AMAZING!!! Our first thought at 1st-line for this machine was that you would not even have to hire a home barista for your house party or the office! In fact, many coffee snobs would balk at a super-automatic espresso machine or automatic coffee center like this. Therefore, when a coffee snob is nearby, we suggest you keep them away from this machine and just serve their favorite beverage. Ask the coffee snob how much they like the selected beverage, then show the machine. Make sure to get a picture of their reaction as it would be a lasting keepsake!
We truly believe the GIGA 5 sets a new standard in performance, aesthetics and perfection for the home and small office environment. Its professional technology has found its way into the homes and offices of people who demand the highest standards. There are 29 beverage selections on the menu to choose and enjoy from, and you can custom program up to 17 of them to your liking!
When you power up the machine, the vent ports on top open! Pretty cool!
- Fast and quiet as a whisper thanks to 2 ceramic disc grinders – you can have one for decaf beans and one for regular beans.
- Program the time for each grinder to activate for the same beverage selection: For the 17 programmable beverages, you can select each grinder, in 25% increments, to grind for the same beverage. For example, for a ristretto, you can program one grinder to grind for 25% and the other grinder for 75% – both coffee grinds will mix in the brewing chamber. And, for an espresso, you can program one grinder for 50% and the other grinder for 50%. You have this ability to change this in program mode!
- Pure, clean lines for a unique, sovereign character will astonish all visitors in your home or clients in your office! Even, we are amazed!
- Fastest and quietest Jura Automatic Coffee Center due to dual ceramic burrs, dual pumps, and dual heaters.
- Electronic ventilation system (vent grill opens on top center) expels warm air and draws fresh air in
- Rotary Dial: Easy to use rotary dial on top to aid in menu selections and programming
- TFT Display – This is not a touch screen, but one where you select one of the eight buttons on the sides of the display.
- Dual ceramic burrs grinders: The GIGA’s ceramic burrs, virtually wear free, provide quick, precise, even and consistent grinding AND add less heat to the ground coffee prior to brewing when compared to steel burrs on other machines. However, ceramic burrs are more susceptible to damage from stones which can coexist with beans. Therefore, make sure to keep a close eye on any stones when pouring beans in the bean hoppers.
- Five Grinder Settings: In Expert Mode, you can program each grinder (5 settings from coarse to fine) for all beverages. In other words, this setting is relevant for each beverage and cannot be changed in the programming of each of the 17 programmable beverages.
- Dual 9 oz. bean hoppers have covers with an aroma preservation seal. We also recommend labeling the one bean hopper if using decaf so there is less likelihood of cross contamination.
- Low bean level sensor: When one bean hopper is low on coffee coffee beans, the bean hopper will alert you with a red light on the hopper’s neck to show you which one is low.
- Color TFT display with rotary selection makes it easy to identify drink selection buttons by showing you an example of the beverages on the screen.
- Color TFT display can be programmed to show 1 of 7 color schemes with program-ability for the back light, brightness, and contrast.
- 11 language capable menu.
- High performance pumps rated to produce 15 bars of pressure.
- Dual height-adjustable spout – The height-adjustable spout accommodates a variety of cup sizes up to 6.5 inches.
- 17 individually programmable specialty coffees. Choose from 5 strengths ( 5 to 16 grams) and 3 brewing temperatures (low, medium, or high).
- Programmable beverages menu: Ristretto, 2 Ristretti, Espresso, 2 Espressi, Coffee, 2 Coffees, Cappucino, 2 Capuccini, Latte Machiato, 2 Latte Machiati, Machiato, 2 Machiati, Hot Water, 1 Portion Milk Foam, 2 Portion Milk Foam, 1 Portion Milk, and 2 Portion Milk.
- Non-programmable beverages menu: Marocchino, Pepresso, White Cool, Flavored Latte Macchiato, Irish coffee, Caffe Melange, Viennese coffee, Winter Magic Coffee, Shakerato, Mango Lassi, Red Cool and Summer Fire.
- Variable dual spout with 4 outlets: The dual spout dispenses the coffee into the cup and can be height & width adjusted. From 2.75″ to 6.5″ high and from .78″ to 2″ wide. When you make a latte macchiato, the machine automatically dispenses hot milk into the cups, followed immediately by milk foam and finally coffee. The patented multi-chamber system froths the milk to professional barista quality standards. This revolutionary fine foam technology creates a finely textured milk foam with long lasting consistency.
- Milk spout cover is removable for access to cleaning and machine sensor alerts you if cover is removed or not properly placed in.
- Integrated rinsing, cleaning and descaling program makes it a snap to maintain your machine.
- Pre-rinse feature at start up keeps the brew group clean.
- Clearyl water filtration system eliminates chlorine taste and reduces the the need to decalcify.
- Dual stainless steel thermoblock heating systems with intelligent pre-heating feature ensures each cup is the perfect temperature for proper brewing in the brewing chamber.
- Auto-shutoff, zero energy button, and energy save standby mode make saving electricity very easy
- 87 oz. water tank is removable from left side by opening cover, lifting up and handle, then removing the tank from the base.
- 20 oz. thermal milk container easily attaches to auto-frother.
- Bypass doser (automatic ground coffee funnel): pre-ground coffee can be placed in the bypass doser if the coffee beans in either bean hopper is not desired. This is also a good and required feature for using the cleaning tablets for cleansing the brew group chamber. The machine is smart to know that as soon as you open the funnel door, it sets the machine to pre-ground mode and shuts off the grinders for the next beverage.
- Drip tray: black plastic for each cleaning and slides out through front.
- Drip tray cover: removable with metal edge surrounding plastic grate.
- Accessories: 20 ounce stainless steel vacuum milk container with hoses to attach to auto-frother, two Clearyl filters, one filter holder, one brew group cleaning tablets (2 pack), one spout guard, one microfiber cleaning cloth, one 100mL bottle of cleaner for auto-frother, and instruction manual.
For more Jura equipment, please visit our Jura brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.