Baratza Vario Coffee Grinder – w/ metal portafilter holder
The Baratza Vario is a commercial grinder with 54mm ceramic flat burrs with a throughput of 1.9 grams per second and an innovative, macro/micro grind adjustment with 230 settings. The sleek contemporary design, small foot print, and adjustability for any style of coffee also make it perfect as a home grinder. Effective 3/25/2010, 1st-line now carries the Vario with the upgraded sleep mode, and timer with battery backup.
54mm ceramic flat burrs
- Stay sharper longer. Ceramic has a 1.5 -2.0x longer life than steel burrs.
- The ceramic material helps keep the coffee cool by limiting the amount of heat transferred from the burrs to the grinds.
Grind on demand with electronic dosing
- Grinds only the coffee you require for each shot directly into your espresso portafilter.
- Eliminates the risk of stale ground coffee common in mechanical dosing units.
- 0.1 second adjustable steps (0.2 grams).
- Three, user programmable grind time buttons.
Innovative dual cam grind adjustment
- The right hand lever lets you choose what type of grind you’d like.
- The lever on the left lets you fine tune the grind within the range you’ve selected for a perfect grind.
- Over 230 grind settings available.
Powerful DC motor
- Turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits extended grinding time.
- The circuitry is equipped with an automatic reset thermal switch.
- Super quiet operation using belt drive.