Ascaso Kap Tronic Capsule Espresso Machine
The Ascaso Kap Tronic is a good beginner’s machine into the espresso world. It uses Espresso Point capsules. This model is one of the few capsule machines that has a steam wand. This allows you to make cappuccinos.
- Aluminum & stainless steel – Oversized, high-capacity thermoblock. This helps ensure thermal stability and provide quality in every cup. The water circulates through a stainless steel circuit, reducing limescale build-up to a minimum. This also helps provide a near limitless supply of steam. The lifecycle of the group is now much longer thanks to the fact that limescale does not build up on the stainless steel circuit.
- Two thermostats – One controls the temperature of the coffee and steam. The other is a resettable thermostat which protects the machine from accidental overheating.
Electronic controls / technology
- Espresso – There are two buttons for making coffee. They both have automatic stop based on water/coffee ratio.
- Warning lights – One will indicate when the empty capsule chamber is full. Another will indicate when the water tank is empty.
- Standy by function – Keeps the unit in a low power mode when not in use.
- Body – The body is made of a heat-resistant ABS plastic. This lightweight material offers better thermal insulation compared to other models. This also allows Ascaso to make an unique appealing body shape.
- Frame – The machine group sits on a 3 mm-thick PA6GF30 structure. This helps ensure extra sturdiness.
- Efficient – Rated up to 20 bar with air valve bypass. The pump passes water through the coffee at the correct pressure to extract maximum aroma and flavor..
- Cost effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
- Cappuccinos – There are 3 different versions of this model, Ascaso Kap (w/ semi-automatic control), Ascaso Kap Tronic (w/ automatic controls), Ascaso Kap Tronic Steam (w/ automatic controls & a steam wand). We only carry the version with the steam wand. The design of the steam wand allows the user to make creamy cappuccinos and lattes with an ease that seems like magic.
- Hot water – In addition to making coffee beverages, this machine also produces hot water through the steam wand. This is great for tea or hot chocolate drinkers.
Drip tray / Used capsule chamber
- Large capacity – The bin can hold about 30 used capsules. The unit has a warning light on the front to let you know when to empty the bin.
- Easy access and cleaning – The bin slides out from the front. Capsules are generally cleaner than ground coffee pucks, so cleaning will be a lot easier. Just a quick rinse under a faucet is enough.
- Adjustable cup rest – The drip tray is specially designed with height-adjustable cup rest for different-sized cups and glasses. It can be adjusted from 2.5″ to 3.5″.
2 liter water reservoir
- Easy filling – The water tank is in the back of the machine. There is also no need to power off the machine. You can fill the water tank with the coffee machine in operation.
- Visual access – The tank is clear so you can visually see if the water level is low. There is also a warning light on the front.
Over pressure valve
- OPV – This allows the machine to offer dry dispensing, eliminating the final drips and preventing over-pressurization. Treated with a non-stick coating to prevent lime scale build-up.