1st-line “Michael” Espresso Coffee Grinder
1st-line’s Michael espresso coffee grinder is a workhorse. Featuring large flat burrs for high production grinding, a large hopper to cut down on refill time, and a doser for back to back shots. There is also a built-in tamper on the front when you are in need of a quick tamp. The catch tray is designed to be larger than most since spillage can occur in a fast-paced environment.
- Micro-metrical Stepped – Adjustment dial is located underneath the hopper. The entire dial is numbered so you can remember your current grind setting easier. Turn clockwise for a finer grind and counterclockwise for a coarser grind.
- Setting lock – A setting lock button keeps your current setting. Prevents users from accidentally altering it and spending time to find your correct setting again.
- Flat burrs – Large size at 64 mm. The larger the size, the more of a grinding surface, resulting in faster production.
- High rpm – Fast spinning rate at 1400 rpm. The higher the speed, the faster the production, which can increase efficiency and reduce wait times.
Ground coffee doser
- Precision dosing – The ground coffee will always fall in the right place in the middle of the portafilter.
- Dosing adjustment – Located in the center of the doser. Turning it clockwise decreases the amount of coffee dosed. Turning it counterclockwise increases the amount of coffee dosed. In order to turn clockwise, you will have to hold the sweeping arm.
- Dosing counter – Located on the left side of the doser. Gives you an estimation of your usage.
- Tamper – Located in front of the doser. Great for a quick tamp. Tamper size is 57 mm.
Grinds catch tray
- Large capacity – The tray has a 1/2″ depth. This will be able to catch and hold a lot of grinds.
- Removable – The Michael has a rim that the tray slides onto. Easy to install or remove.
- Large capacity – Meant for high volume. Can easily hold a standard kilo bag of coffee.
- Set screws – There are 2 screws located under the grinding adjustment. This helps secure the hopper to the grinder. Prevents users from quickly removing the hopper, spilling beans everywhere.
- Finger guard – Prevents users from “accidentally” putting their fingers in the grinding burrs.
- Tinted – Helps to avoid premature deterioration of beans from light sources (such as sunlight).
- Stopper – A door near the bottom of the hopper can be pushed in to close the opening. This allows you to remove the hopper with beans inside so you can easily change the beans. There will be some beans already passed in the burrs which will have to be ground out first before removing the hopper.
For more 1st-line products, please visit our 1st-line brands page. If you have any questions, please reference the Q&A tab on each product page.