To change the amount of water programmed each of the four buttons in the dosage extraction, please review the details in your instructional manual.
If the machine does not hold the programmed dose, it can be one of the following:
- The machine needs to be descaled through the grouphead so the flowmeter (part that measures the water) can be descaled. The flowmeter may be filled with scale buildup or needs to be cleaned.
- The wiring between the flowmeter and electronic motherboard (Gicar) needs to be inspected for any fractures or burn marks, including the little terminals for each wire. The computer cable (note how connected as a backwards connection can cause issues) from the back of the touchpad to the electronic motherboard (Gicar) needs to be inspected. Please pay extra attention to where it connects on the electronic motherboard (Gicar) as sometimes this connection can get loose.
- The flowmeter may need to be replaced.
- The front touchpad may need to be replaced.
- The electronic motherboard (Gicar) may need to be replaced.
Please note that there is no way to test the components in 2, 3, 4, and 5 except for trial and error replacing each with a new part.