Purpose: Remove limescale deposits, caused by magnesium and calcium, from the internal workings of the espresso machine.
Machine identity: These instructions are provided for descaling a traditional espresso machine with water reservoir. Your espresso machine must have a single internal boiler that provides both water for espresso extraction and steam for steaming/frothing milk. This machine typically has a separate switch for activating steam mode.
Requirements before you start: cold espresso machine in power off position and plugged into outlet, descaling product, mixing container/pitcher, fresh water, 8 oz or larger cup.
- If your instruction manual has instructions for descaling, please use those instructions as the primary instructions, and please use the following as secondary instructions.
- Remove water from reservoir.
- Follow instructions on descaler product to acquire proper solution ratio as most descalers require a mixture with water into a mixing container/pitcher. We sell Ascaso Coffee Washer for descaling.
- Pour descaling solution into water reservoir.
- Place 8 oz or larger cup under steam wand.
- In coffee/hot water mode, open steam wand knob to full open position.
- Press the power switch to ‘on’.
- Press the power switch to ‘off’ when approximately 1/4 of the descaling solution in the reservoir has exited into the cup(s)
- Properly dispose of descaling solution from cup.
- Wait 10 minutes with machine power in ‘off’ position.
- Repeat steps 5 through 10 three more time.
- Rinse water reservoir and hoses with fresh water.
- Refill reservoir with water.
- Repeat steps 5 through 13 two times with fresh water only to rinse machine of descaling product.
- The machine has successfully been descaled.